The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What are your goals this season?

What are you goals this season?

Do you want to learn switch? land a 180? or a backside 360?

I want to get better at spinning frontside off my toes, and a general improvement in my freeriding.

Thats sounds fantasitc J..

I was thinking of staying injury free..

Actually, that’s always my number one goal.

unfortunately , our season is over in Canada…

therefore my goals are to catch fish and shoot some nice rounds of golf…

Next winter I want to stop throwing down frontside 90`s…Broke some ribs and thereby lost the “injury free” tag as well..

Here`s to Progression

I want to learn how to grab and also learn a 180. Injury free is good too smile

yeah im hoping for some 180 and 360s and maybe a grab or two as well!

but yeah i think everyone wants to stay injury free, comes down to luck i guess….and not doing anything too far out of your league

My main goal as well is to stay injury free.

I want to be able to be as good of a snowboarder as I am a skier, that way if it’s a nice powder day I can choose between board or skis.

Ride every day the lifts are open.
Stick my first 5.
Get a good result in the Top to Bottom.

Earn enough money to take my family to Japan.

spaz - 14 June 2009 04:16 AM

Ride every day the lifts are open.
Stick my first 5.
Get a good result in the Top to Bottom.

Earn enough money to take my family to Japan.

I like that spaz. Good luck with it all.

I want to spend more time doing freestyle and terrain parks. Every time I’ve been to the snow is usually with skiers so never really got the chance to hit up the terrain parks properly so my freeride is great but freestyle is very lacking, but this season i’m going to!

maybe the indoor snow hill will help me develop some more freestyle skills that I can take to the snow when I am able. I’m stoked about that.
Goal - Injury free first and foremost.
I have a baby being born in August, so getting to go to the mountain as much as I have been will be a challenge.
Narrow radius, fully completed, evenly skidded turns down a steep and narrow portion of trail is an endless challenge for me, and critical to advancing my riding.
I always want to be more comfortable riding faster than I usually do. Being more comfortable at higher speeds leads to hitting bigger jumps that require a lot of speed to clear.
My head always tells me that I can do a switch FS 5, but I’ve never let myself try.
more half-pipe, but the super pipes still intimidate me, the walls are so tall.

L.B. - 13 June 2009 03:37 AM

Thats sounds fantasitc J..

I was thinking of staying injury free..

I was going to say the same thing.
(and try to land a jump in switch)

Well I have a couple goals. #1 learn to spin better with tail and nose grabs, im not sure if its cause i ride a big board or if its cause i have short arms but i can never reach the peak of my boards nose and tail. #2. I always find when i am hitting a cliff and I feel like its huge though its not i will go slow into the take off. this makes me bomb hole in the landing. Working on the forward momentum will hopefully bring a smoother ride out. now that i think of it i must have fifty goals for next season and the best one is to RIDE IN ALASKA…

Kanga-Ruey - 28 June 2009 07:43 PM

Well I have a couple goals. #1 learn to spin better with tail and nose grabs, im not sure if its cause i ride a big board or if its cause i have short arms but i can never reach the peak of my boards nose and tail. #2. I always find when i am hitting a cliff and I feel like its huge though its not i will go slow into the take off. this makes me bomb hole in the landing. Working on the forward momentum will hopefully bring a smoother ride out. now that i think of it i must have fifty goals for next season and the best one is to RIDE IN ALASKA…

RIDE THE AK SONNNN!

I want to land my first CAB720 and get a stylish back 270 onto the flat box