The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Skate Facility for Sydney City - Please sign! 

SKATE FACILITY FOR SYDNEY CITY

Please sign this worthwhile petition. Thank you for your support. thumbsup

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/skate-facility-for-sydney-city.html

We call on the City of Sydney Council to honour its long-standing commitment to find a suitable site and build a new public skateboard facility in the CBD, as well as investigate suitable sites in surrounding inner-city suburbs for new public skateboard facilities, including the installation of “skateable moments”.

Further, we request that the City prioritise the immediate inspection and repair of all Council-owned skateboarding facilities to return them to their full and proper use and to reduce the risk of injury whilst using these facilities.

Already signed and shared on FB. Was gonna post here but you beat me to it!

Done!!!!! shaka

Done. I wish we had someone campaigning for parks on the central coast.

Half of our parks are just a square of concrete with rail and a bank. It’s ridiculous.

Watanobbi Slab

Toukley Skate Park

Bateau Bay Skate Park

Yay.  blank stare

I seriously doubt this petition will actually achieve anything positive - as Clover Moore only supports council action that either buys large numbers of votes, or indulges her own self-indulgence. Unfortunately, support for skateboarding features in neither of these categories, but at least it’s worth a try.

Signed.

Pitching it as a gay, eco-friendly combo skatepark and bicycle path painted like a rainbow flag would almost guarantee it’d get funding.

I am not sure if this is in relation to this petition.

But either way it sounds like at least a positive step forward for skateboarders in the City of Sydney.