The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Progression Camp

Hey Ash,
Personally I would choose only the one’s in winter if you are going to fly all the way to Canada or the US. Riding Windels or Camp of Champions is more for people already in America who are missing the winter. Summer snowboarding is even harder to ride then Australia at the end of spring! Seriously, I worked at the CoC for one summer and I was flat out just trying to do my ‘go to’ tricks.

Of course it’s up to you though. Maybe you just want to be in Canada in the summer, it is beautiful.
But as far as snowboarding goes, you could ride 3-4 weeks in Aus for the price you would pay for 2 days of summer camping and airfares etc.

Hi Andy,

Yep thanks for the tip, that’s interesting about the snow conditions! I am definitely only going winter. I just listed all that I could find in case people were interested.

I’ve decided to book in with Maer snowboarding. A couple of reasons I wanted to take a camp was to meet people and progress my skills. This one interested me because it includes a mix of things. Onsen tours, Rusutsu day trip, Yoga etc. But also they do 3 half day private lessons with video analysis.

Looking forward to it :D

The camp looks awesome, Ash. The house looks pimp too!

Definitely let us know how it goes. thumbsup

Sounds good, Ash!!!!!

The accom is a little down toward the bottom of the village, but at least it’s a downward trail home from the bars, and near the onsen!!!!!

You’re gonna have a blast!!!!! shaka