The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Progression Camp

Hey guys!

Have any of you done a progression camp OS or here in Aust?

I’m finally organising my NOHE holiday!! I’m considering signing up for a progression camp whilst over there. In Canada or Japan possibly. I’m only just starting my research and for all I know it might all be booked out etc.

HOWEVER I’m just curious to see if anyone here has participated in one and would they recommend it? Which ones are good etc? I’m probably looking at progression in both park and mountain riding but wouldn’t be fussed with either or.

smile

I haven’t been to any (yet) but I am dying to go to:

Camp of Champions - Whistler
FYVE Camp - Japan

http://campofchampions.com/
http://www.5fyve.com/fyve_camps.html

In the States, High Cascade Snowboard Camp and Windells are both very highly rated.

http://windells.com/
http://www.highcascade.com/

Wicked!!! Thanks, I’ll check out those websites :D

haha yeah Jez, we drove past the Windells camp a couple of weeks ago and I was drooling out the window. lol

Isn’t Woodward pretty big in the States?????

Hey Ash,
I think that’s a great idea to do. I’ve never done one myself, but I know there are some in Whistler. There’s even a Roxy all girls camp there. You just have to get one at the right time i guess.

Just one thing to think about though. Just make sure that the Instructors/Coaches are qualified. I would want HIGHLY qualified for the price you have to pay for some camps.
Feel free to PM me if you want me to explain how highly qualified the instructor is (or isn’t).

These camps often have Pro Riders as coaches. While Pro Riders are amazing riders themselves, they are “teachers” in the same way that I am a doctor…. cause I’ve been to hospital tongue wink
They should be there to demonstrate ONLY.
It’s ALWAYS fun to ride with a pro, but you also want real, qualified instructors or coaches riding with you as well, to give you educated explanations, safe building block steps to learn safely and clear logical feedback.
We train for many many many years to get to the level of knowledge where we can work in one of those camps. As it should be.

Watch what the pros do, and then ask your instructor what are the steps you can take to learn that safely, from your current skill level.
Have fun over there!  ollie

Mizu Kuma - 21 October 2013 05:39 PM

Woodward is a summer camp. It isnt located on a snow resort. It has lots of foam pit/tramp/gymnastic facilities for training and also some dry slope stuff. But its not a snow camp

K2_TeacherBoy - 22 October 2013 02:19 PM
Mizu Kuma - 21 October 2013 05:39 PM

Woodward is a summer camp. It isnt located on a snow resort. It has lots of foam pit/tramp/gymnastic facilities for training and also some dry slope stuff. But its not a snow camp

Yeah, I know it started as a summer skate camp type deal, but I thought they had set up other sites that did winter ones, that covered both indoor and on mountain snowboarding?????

Maybe I dreamt it!!!!!  long face

They might use the High Cascade camp/private parks

I think they have a dry training facility for snowboarding and skiing.

Check their website: http://www.campwoodward.com/

Woodward has Roller Snowboards and roller skis to use into foam pits.
Quite a cool idea really.

Much more fun than dry slope jumps into pools.

These things in Japan are cool!!!!! Even an Old fart like me could give it a go without poppin a shoulder!!!!! mizu

Mizu that thing in Japan looks awesome!! I’ve always want to try out a bag jump or gymnastic stuff into foam pits etc in the off season.

Also thanks heaps on the tips Andy I will definitely check them out and come to you if I’m a bit confused which could be the case raspberry

The Roxy camp sounds like fun, I’ve tagged along on those chicks with stix days at Perisher and they are always fun and the people are all really chilled. We all help out each other and it’s a pretty good environment for learning smile

Here’s a list of camps I found today… Still very rough! (most prices in country of camp currency).

Camps:

Roxy Girls Camp: $249 (early booking: $199) W/ lift pass $407 (early booking: $357), Dec 7-8, Jan 11-12, Jan 25-26, Feb 15-16, Mar 1-2, Mar 22-23, Apr 12-13, Whistler, Canada - Q: Who are the coaches?

Camp of Champions: 8 day deluxe camp: $2395, 5 day deluxe camp: $1295 8 day, summer camps - various dates June-July, Whistler, Canada

Windells:// Overnight: $1399, Day Camp: $999, 26/12/2013-2/1/2014, Mt Hood, USA

High Cascade:  all inclusive = $2245, Everything But Lodging = $1845, Coaching only = $1345, Private coach add on = +$1895, Summer - June 16-23, June 26-July 3rd, August 5-12th, Mt Hood, USA

Send It: USA: 6 weeks- $6,990*, 4 weeks- $5,750*, NZ: Price: $2990,  USA: Dec 15, 2012 - Jan 25, 2013
NZ: September 15 – 25,  Bear Mountain, USA and Snow Park NZ

Fyve Camp: 7 nights $1531.00, 14 nights $2413.00 13th-20th Feb, 20th-27th Feb, 27th Feb-6th March,
6th March – 13th, Niseko, Japan (some dates sold out)

Snowboard Addiction?  Japan, NZ,  Not sure if running camps this year?

Mint Chicks   NZ, Not sure if still running camps

The Camp: Camp 1: $3190, Camp 2: $3190 20th Jan – 3rd Feb, 5th Feb – 20th Feb,  Niseko, Japan Coach: Steve Crowley?

All Star Adventures Half Session: $2495 – 8 Days Full Session: $4990 – 15 Days, Summer: various dates between July and August, Argentina

Oakley Progression Session (womens): $260 2 day clinic Mammoth, USA Not sure if it is still running this year

Nonstop Snow Freestyle camp Twin room - $1818 (AUD), Single room - $2127 (AUD) 29/3-5/4, 5/4-12/4, 13/4-20/4, 6/4-13/4 Banff, Canada

Core Snowboard Camps Various prices from 1 week: $1885 +gst up to 12 weeks:  $14665 Nov 30th, Dec 07, 14, 21, 28 Jan 04, 11, 18, 25, Feb 01. 08, 15, 22 Mar 01, 08, 15, 22, 29 Apr 05, 12 (start dates),  Whistler, Canada

Instructor Training Niseko Academy 2 week progression camp - $2,900, 22 Dec – 4th Jan Niseko, Japan

Signing off for now will do more research tomorrow smile

Mizu that place looks soooooo rad!!!
I want a setup like that!

And I want you to get that place, Trent!!!!!