The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Patagonia One Piece Suit

If ya wearin Boxer/Briefs under ya Thermals, it sorta defeats the purpose, as the Thermals should be first contact with the skin in order to do their job properly!!!!!

And especially if ya Boxers are made up of cotton!!!!!

I kinda learnt this rule growin up Surfing in Wetsuits as the same applies!!!!!

Gamblor - 16 October 2013 08:22 PM

Patagonia makes amazing gear. I have so much of their stuff. I’m actually wearing one of their belay jackets right now!

However, looking at that one piece, the legs are too long - your socks will bunch up

That was my first thought. The arms look really long too.

I wish more brands made short leg options, i.e. Burton’s shant - pretty much a 3/4 pant, ends just where your boots start. It makes no sense to me why snowboarding (or skiing) base layer pants need to be full length. It means you either have to tuck them in your boots (no thanks!) or fold them up above the boot (which I do, but it’s far from ideal). Burton’s shant is dope, the perfect riding base layer pants IMO.

Mizu Kuma - 17 October 2013 10:29 AM

If ya wearin Boxer/Briefs under ya Thermals, it sorta defeats the purpose, as the Thermals should be first contact with the skin in order to do their job properly!!!!!

And especially if ya Boxers are made up of cotton!!!!!

I kinda learnt this rule growin up Surfing in Wetsuits as the same applies!!!!!

I don’t really agree with you here. If you’re talking about cotton boxers, then yes, you’re right. But if you’re wearing wicking and breathable boxers, it’s perfectly fine and won’t interrupt the breathability of your layering system. I wear Burton boxers when I ride; they are lightweight and breathable. By wearing them, it means I can get multiple days out of my first layer pants. If you aren’t wearing boxers, you’d need to change your pants a lot more often I think, and that’s just not feasible over the course of a season. In conclusion, only wear breathable fabrics.

Yeah, but all you need is a couple pairs of thermals, that way you can have them on rotation!!!!! Just like your thermal Boxers?????

How much do the Burton Boxers cost????? Full pants wouldn’t be much more?????

Plus Free Ballin wins hands down for me!!!!! rocker

I have at least two pairs of thermal pants in each weight category (lightweight, midweight, expedition). Maybe I’m just a girl about these things, but I won’t wear anything that touches my genitals for more than one day before washing it (if I can avoid it) - especially if I’m doing an that activity makes me hot and sweaty. That means I would be washing long thermal pants every two days. No thanks.

Instead I have seven sets of Burton boxers. I wear one a day and do a load once a week. They weren’t cheap, I think at the time the RRP was about $50, but that was many years ago, and they are still in great condition after MANY years of use, so it’s been a good investment. This way I can wear my thermal pants for several days before they really need a wash. FYI, the boxers are loose like pants, so it’s pretty close to freeballing. wink

My point is that ya may as well just buy 10 pairs of thermals?????

Not only are ya washin ya sweaty boxers, you’re also washin ya sweaty thermals, your way!!!!!

Unless ya wanna keep ya sperm bags at a temperature that will poach them, then I reckon it’s an overkill to wear double thermals?????

Do you wear a vest under your jacket, so ya don’t have to wash ya jacket as much????? LOL

Maybe if ya wore a panty liner in ya boxers, ya could get an extra day out of them????? They’re supposed to wick “moisture” away!!!!!

Hahahaha. My boxers are very lightweight. They aren’t “thermals”. In the words of Ned Flanders, “it’s like wearing nothing at all.”

And yes, I wear a first layer top so I don’t have to wash my second layer fleece every day. Same goes for the boxers. It’s much easier (and logical in my mind haha) to wash small, lightweight boxers every day, rather than long, heavier thermal pants.

When you go to Japan for two weeks, how many long, heavy thermal pants would you need to take over? Makes no sense, especially when travelling.

I can’t believe you said genitals

^ LOL

I can’t believe he has them!

LOL

No need to wash ya thermals as much in Japan cause they got arse washers!!!!! smirk

Gamblor - 17 October 2013 03:29 PM

I can’t believe you said genitals

Hahaha, neither can I. LOL

Mizu Kuma - 17 October 2013 04:25 PM

LOL

No need to wash ya thermals as much in Japan cause they got arse washers!!!!! smirk

What about when you go to Canada? Mrs Mizu told me you clog toilets. Surely you’d need to wear boxers when you ride?

rider26 - 17 October 2013 05:13 PM
Mizu Kuma - 17 October 2013 04:25 PM

LOL

What about when you go to Canada? Mrs Mizu told me you clog toilets. Surely you’d need to wear boxers when you ride?

Could you smell anythin when we were havin cuddles in the snow?????

How does the Burton Shant compare against the K2 Shart?

The shart can sometimes be too long and run down to your ankles, but sometimes it is the perfect length. Depending on what was eaten the night before. I hear they are also a bitch to get off