The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Hard Charging Freeride board

Hey Lester,

The words “Hard charging freeride” kinda depend on what you personally mean by that.
To me, hard charging boards are not necessarily the ones that float the easiest.
They are the boards that carve the best, hold a mean edge, land strong in big drops/jumps and just generally feel more aggressive in turns (They are also the kind of board that 80% of all snowboarders would probably hate if they demoed one).

To achieve this, most pro free-riders, big mountain riders etc. will ride a board that is quite stiff and usually pure camber.

When I think of what I see pro big mountain riders using, the first board that comes to mind is a Burton Custom X. Whether that’s a good match for you, that’s for you to decide.
Also anything from the Arbor Roots Collection of boards will be good. And will range from easy and floaty to very aggressive. All are aimed towards free-riding.

Mizu Kuma - 05 October 2013 03:39 PM

If ya don’t like it, blame Skip for not bein convincing enough!!!!!

shaka

Yeah Skip didn’t have a commercial either I was doomed from the get go haha

Andy Aitken - 05 October 2013 05:39 PM

Hey Lester,

The words “Hard charging freeride” kinda depend on what you personally mean by that.
To me, hard charging boards are not necessarily the ones that float the easiest.
They are the boards that carve the best, hold a mean edge, land strong in big drops/jumps and just generally feel more aggressive in turns (They are also the kind of board that 80% of all snowboarders would probably hate if they demoed one).

To achieve this, most pro free-riders, big mountain riders etc. will ride a board that is quite stiff and usually pure camber.

When I think of what I see pro big mountain riders using, the first board that comes to mind is a Burton Custom X. Whether that’s a good match for you, that’s for you to decide.
Also anything from the Arbor Roots Collection of boards will be good. And will range from easy and floaty to very aggressive. All are aimed towards free-riding.

yep, hard charging freeride board does not mean freestyle decks.

Lester86 - 05 October 2013 08:40 PM
Mizu Kuma - 05 October 2013 03:39 PM

If ya don’t like it, blame Skip for not bein convincing enough!!!!!

shaka

Yeah Skip didn’t have a commercial either I was doomed from the get go haha

LOL

Lol