The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Varial Heelflips

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me out with my varial heelflips, as I find it the hardest trick to do. It’s kind of a weird trick and the foot positioning is awkward, but I got used to it. I landed it a few times in a month, but I just can’t get it consistently. By the way I have heelflips and fs shuvs ON LOCK; I land them every time.
Foot positioning:
I literally tried every thing here. I tried my front foot in the middle, in front, further back, angled outward and inward…still can’t get the flip. For my back foot I tried to put it like my fs shuvs, at the very end of the tail, a little bit “in” the tail…Still can’t get the trick.
When I do it I pop, (the position of the back foot will make it do a fs shuv automatically) my front foot goes kinda up to the nose to get the heelflip rotation, but it just can’t flip all the way round. I asked some skateboarders and they told me to kick harder. Tried it and it didn’t work and I really don’t know why. Btw I practice almost every day and still can’t get it. If you guys can help me, I’ll really appreciate it.

no need to worry mate everyone has trouble on at least one trick.
im not the greatest at this trick but I think I might be able to help u out
since its the flip that give trouble, try to flick WITH the fs shove and make sure
you hold that position for as long as you can in order to fully rotate the flip
because it sounds like u can shove the board fairly well.
foot position.
now keep your fs shove position for your back foot but
keep your front foot relatively in the middle.
best of luck mate

Eamon

Hey mate,

I definately dont have this trick on lock, but do get them sometimes. I Just jumped outside and had a quick play around with my feet.
I found if I put my back foot right in the pocket instead in the middle at the end, it really helped the board flip fully.
Give that a shot along with Eamon’s tip of kicking your front foot out there harder and actually holding it out there a bit too

Thanks for the replies guys. Since school started I can’t skate on weekdays (Monday to Thursday) so I can’t practice while rolling, which sucks :(  but I tried it in the last few days in my back garden and I can’t thank you guys enough! It worked! I know it is stationary and while rolling is going to be harder, but I think I got it now!! I was so happy when I landed it. Also the thing that helped me was giving a STRONG flick with my heel. You guys rock and I can’t wait to skate and practice this trick.

Glad to help buddy