The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ask your riding questions here!

Like you can talk!

rider26 - 29 August 2013 07:17 PM

I might someone to take a few cases down though.

Yeah, but that’s because I was drunk. What’s your excuse?  smirk

quivers of excitement at the thought of snowboarding!

ozgirl - 30 August 2013 11:54 AM

quivers of excitement at the thought of snowboarding!

I approve. punch

rider26 - 30 August 2013 11:46 AM

Yeah, but that’s because I was drunk. What’s your excuse?  smirk

You drinking the sponsorship already?

What an amazing and detailed response! Thankyou!

Haven’t had many stacks toeside but this is definitely the way it has happened. I won’t quite get the board flat and then truly over into the transition onto my toes.
At that initial point though that I tend to not committ, thus causing the problem.

My heelside is very strong as it’s also how I skate (regular). Tomorrow I am going to
put your advice into practise and give it a proper committed go.
Once I have it locked a couple of times I have no trouble as said, just seems to be a
sooky first couple of runs I have. Even though I haven’t really got a fear of going straight down the mountain as long as I can
wash out back onto my heels( Need to break this habitt!!!!)

I shall check out the other thread too - glad I am not a lone ranger in my newbiness hahaa
Legend.

No worries at all, Stellvadore. shaka

Please let me know how you go. Feel free to ask me any other questions.

rider26 - 01 September 2013 07:46 PM

Feel free to ask me any other questions.

Except about his failed ice skating career, he gets very touchy about that stuff LOL

Dylan, remind me to kick your ass when I see you next. michelle

And it was far from a failed career. I reached the dizzy heights of stardom before giving it up on my own terms. LOL

rider26 - 01 September 2013 08:40 PM

Dylan, remind me to kick your ass when I see you next. michelle

And it was far from a failed career. I reached the dizzy heights of stardom before giving it up on my own terms. LOL

Are you sure you can reach it from down there? smirk

Well I have a big thankyou to give!

Had my first ride in two weeks on the weekend and took what you said about straight board before changing from heel to toeside on board (hahaha)...
Next thing you know I can link and spin both ways, change to switch toe and heel-side.
By the end of the weekend I was hitting the Big kickers on the terrain park at Hotham and have never felt so comfortable in any direction on a board!

Massive thanks and can not believe something SO small changed me from being a begginner to shredding! Wooo

Thats awesome Stella! Stoked for ya ollie This is what BW is here for!

Stellvadore - 03 September 2013 03:08 PM

Well I have a big thankyou to give!

Had my first ride in two weeks on the weekend and took what you said about straight board before changing from heel to toeside on board (hahaha)...
Next thing you know I can link and spin both ways, change to switch toe and heel-side.
By the end of the weekend I was hitting the Big kickers on the terrain park at Hotham and have never felt so comfortable in any direction on a board!

Massive thanks and can not believe something SO small changed me from being a begginner to shredding! Wooo

THIS is why I have always loved teaching. grin

You are most welcome, Stellvadore! I’m stoked you progressed so much! You should be really proud of yourself. punch

I am just still in shock at the ridiculous change! Got the Go-Pro out and had a marvelous time!

Now I just need to work on my switch skills over a kicker so I can start trying 180s over kickers.

Would you say this is the best way to learn? To ride switch and revert back around to normal stance.

I can spin comfortably both ways but landing is obviously easier for me at the moment landing natural or reg.

Yep, doing switch straight airs or “Zero Airs” is a great way to improve the landing of your 180s and a great way to improve the set up and take off of your switch 180s.

Another great thing to do is (other than just ride lots of switch obviously) free ride switch like you would free ride normally.
Lots of people ride switch to practice but few people ride switch like they would ride regularly. ie. pop ollie and nollie off every bump, drop and roller you can find when you are riding switch. It’s actually quite hard and feels weird. But if you can get it to the stage where u can have fun (rather than feeling like you are about to die) ollie-ing switch, then your ability to make small adjustments and be in control doing 180s will be greatly improved.

Give it a go! If nothing else, it’s hilarious, and if your friends laugh at you, tell them to try it too. It’s always funny. Always.