The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

VANS BOWL-A-RAMA 2011 - Bondi Beach - Feb 19

Nah its all the camera because as most people know the camera takes the photo lol.

Very little editing done to them.  The clouds are actually that red.  We had a storm just pass us and the sun was setting.  I really could not have asked for better lighting.

Those are awesome photos!!!!

Love the red background. Sick dude!

Just added a few more to my BLP face book page feel free to have a look and comment on them

http://www.facebook.com/Brad-Lentz-Photography

Watch the live telecast: http://www.vans.com/events/38137/bondi-bowl-a-rama/

Looks so rad down there!  cool smirk

Cheers man, watchin it now cool smile

those boys are sending it in this second heat! like minutes to go and they are just goin nuts

anyone else watching online?
Any BW crew there?

darb and LeoT were in the media stand representing Boardworld. Our video will be coming in the near future.

PEDRO BARROS WINS VANS BOWL-A-RAMA 2011!

Saturday 19th of February: After a big day of battle 15 year-old Pedro Barros skates away as back-to-back Pro winner of VANS BOWL-A-RAMA 2011, whilst Steve Caballero took out the Masters title for the forth year in a row.

Rotating crowds of over 5000 people were witness to some of the biggest names in skateboarding battling it out for a prize purse which gave each skater a huge incentive to get amongst the competition in the biggest BOWL-A-RAMA yet!

Jenn Kong, Vans Senior Marketing Manager Asia Pacific Said: “Vans BOWL-A-RAMA is our key skateboarding event in Asia Pacific and we’re excited the event has been elevated to a new level this year with the significantly increased prize purse to AUD 60K to keep attracting the world’s best riders, and by our decision to webcast it live on vans.com and on Fuel TV Australia to grow the global exposure.”

The event series, including the sister event Oakley BOWL-A-RAMA held at Waitangi Park in Wellington, has recently gone through some exciting developments including the World Cup of Skate signing a five year deal, major growth in prize purses and major sponsor alignments “We are stoked to be able to work with the best in the industry to deliver a strong event every year” Comments Chad Ford, Vans BOWL-A-RAMA Director. “The event keeps growing every year and brings with it the biggest skaters in the world. With the support of sponsors, media partners and World Cup of Skate, we are definitely on our way to becoming one of the most iconic skate events in history” He adds.

RESULTS:

I went to watch the masters and finals on saturday. I was really impressed! i scored a VIP pass from oakley and had a great view. Pedro killed it, he had some real solid tricks. I’ve never watched a skate comp before and was really interested in the kinds of stuff the skaters were throwing down.

Yeah good thanks. im walking fine now, still not allowed to run though and struggling a bit with going downstairs. Ill be back in whistler in april, so looking forward to being fully active again by then. might leave snowboarding to next season just to make sure im strong enough again.

Bowl-a-rama went off. Craziest tricks went down. Saw the boys reppin there boardworld shirts as was I. Was a great day overall

awesome pics mate!