The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboarding Photography Contest 2013

nah contrast is pretty low, maybe its the sat?

im just copying the images from my facebook page too lol so the quality might be pretty bad haha

On my screen Ricks photos never look as crisp or as high res as the other photos and definitely not as vibrant. I just figured he was compressing the shit out of them before uploading. Love the content though so don’t take it as a knock.

*This is coming from a camera phone user! smile

haha yeah they are facebook quality so very compressed i guess, takes too long to upload them considering i have to go to town and wait at a cafe to do it :(

Hah yeah that’d probably do it.

Out of interest I opened a bunch of the photos in a new tab and some of the photos posted by damiankk which appear super crisp are something like 4000x3000.

You’re resolutions varied but I think the Torah one was something silly low in the 600’s.

AFAIK facebook takes up to 2048x2048 so I’m not sure why they are uploading so small providing your source material is decent. I did read that there is an option to upload “high quality” via a checkbox when creating the album on FB.

Anyways I was just interested and I’m in no way telling you what to do smile

yeah i just upload it on Instagram and it auto posts it on the facebook page. prob not the best way to do it but its less time consuming and less using on my data, my last phone bill was $150+ and i cant afford that haha

I think im gonna have to cut my season short, i have $0 to my name at the moment and im not getting many shifts anymore :( might be a weekend warrior from here on in!

Rick0889 - 29 August 2013 02:56 PM

nah contrast is pretty low, maybe its the sat?

Hmm interesting…

I am noticing it in the trees/darker areas more than the sky and I think the sky would show over saturation more?

What made me think that HDR is used is there appears to be a ‘glow’ around the riders. Just my 2c smile

Rick. your pic’s are killin it. and i hate to say that because i would love to win to, but they look amazing!

It doesn’t look bad on my Instagram account, anyone know if Instagram uploads at a good quality?? Haha thanks, you got some very good shots too James! Guess its just the advantages of being here for the season I guess smile

Rick0889 - 29 August 2013 07:54 PM

It doesn’t look bad on my Instagram account, anyone know if Instagram uploads at a good quality??

My personal IG uploads come up on facebook as 612x612

Pretty stoked, stale sandbech just posted one of my pics of him on his Instagram feed haha exciting stuff haha

That’s great, Rick! Well done! shaka

TITLE: Down Rail
James Kaiser

TITLE: SlopeStyle
Not sure who this dude was but he was shredding the other day!
James Kaiser

Title-Back one
Locations-Perisher
Date-13/08/2013
Instagram-@marky_skin