The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

First time in Whistler

True. And I have worked at the snow before / hasn’t killed me.

Where did you find Joy’s age? I haven’t seen her post it here? I guess being 27, and haven’t lived at home for 4-5 years now makes me less to worry about for my parents.

Whoops, my mistake…. I thought Joy was the OP.

ozgirl - 01 July 2013 03:39 PM

Whoops, my mistake…. I thought Joy was the OP.

Ahh cool, yeah OP’s parent’s don’t sound like they understand hahaha.

TJswish - 01 July 2013 03:42 PM

Ahh cool, yeah OP’s parent’s don’t sound like they understand hahaha.

Where are you getting that??

I just jumped the gun based on age etc and offered my parents ear if they were concerned!

Hmm maybe it was someone else that their parent’s were worried that they were deferring uni.

TJswish - 01 July 2013 04:29 PM

Hmm maybe it was someone else that their parent’s were worried that they were deferring uni.

That was me!

all us unsw kids deferring uni. commence rebelling evil

Hmmm

I would of used your Uni enrolment to get US visa… its not too late?

Get the Canada one when you can’t get US ones anymore…

Stay at uni as long as you can! Go on exchange for a semester. Go to uni games - find a slightly more obscure sport without a team and make one e.g. lawn bowls, 10 pin bowling, squash…
Uni is awesome, you just have to work out how to enjoy it.

Derp

Mate of mine did 3 season in the US during Uni holidays…

As long as you are a student here you can get a J1 visa there… doesn’t have to to be uni can be full time tafe too.

ozgirl - 01 July 2013 09:25 PM

Mate of mine did 3 season in the US during Uni holidays…

As long as you are a student here you can get a J1 visa there… doesn’t have to to be uni can be full time tafe too.

Sign up to tafe in a cheap course ($500?) then get a J1 visa and leave the country lol. Bit pricey but would it work if you are over 30? (for people who can’t get a visa else ways)

Not just so you can travel, the time at uni is what it is about, if you are not having an epic time then you’re not doing it right!

Uni and Tafe are a different kettle of fish. I hated tafe. We wasted time and learnt fuck all. I could do what I do now without the 1.5 years I wasted on Tafe.

I went straight from highschool to uni, i plan to go back in a few years when im actually comitted. I was just going out 4/5 nights a week heh billy

I had a year off between the two as well - made it all much more valuable for me when i started so it is something i highly recommend