The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Compression surf wear… 

...didn’t know it existed - then saw this on twitter.

the difference between ‘compression surf wear’ and wearing a rashie that is 2 sizes too small? not much from what I can see!

Same with regular tight lycra bike pants and skins!

True cords!

I didn’t think of it as replacing a rashie. (do you wear one under a wetsuit?)

I suppose the compression part will help the blood circulate in those cold climates (and or winter here…)

sometimes I do, but I’ve never found it essential. Depends if there is one lying around within reach when I’m suiting up!

I’m a bit lost about that, a wetsuit is usually tight enough around the areas that a compression garment would be and then I wouldn’t want a campression garment around my shoulders when paddling.

Yeh it makes zero sense to me

I get enough compression from my wetsuit that it holds my knee in place.

I can imagine many wannabe surfers wearing it.

What about a Morph suit?
I remember in the late 80s a dude paddled out in a full length lycra and hood just like a morph suit. Turns out he was allergic to the sun!!. It was a pisser watching him ride and the comments ‘who was that masked man’ etc.
If I saw a mate in a compression getup id be inclined to drop in on him and do big cutties in his face before sending him ashore to the dunny mirror so he could have a good hard look at himself!
No to rashies so def no to this from me…the nudist.