The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Electricity Pricing

Poll: Do you have solar and does it live up to your expectations with electricity pricing?
Total Votes: 11
I don’t have solar, wish I did
I do have solar and it’s cost effective, glad I have it
i do have solar, but it’s still costing me too much wish I didn’t spend the $
I don’t have solar, glad not to.

Mine is 0.27 per unit :-(

And on that note I am now with AGL paying 0.22 then 0,23…

Application to tranfer submitted.

Our last bill was $2.5K
Might have to look at our provider.

spaz - 02 June 2013 10:54 AM

Our last bill was $2.5K
Might have to look at our provider.

for a quarter? Man are you kidding me???? big surprise

When I lived in Thredbo, in a small studio app. Our first 1/4 cost $1.2K.

You might think the common thing is me - I turn lights off when leaving a room, and power down everything at the outlet if I’m away from home for longer than 12hrs. Feels like I’m forever turning off light switches others leave on.

I live/lived with people who like to come home to a warm (or cold -summer-) house, and use clothes dryers. Last night I asked if we had a clothes horse for infront of the heater - stepdad didn’t know what a clothes horse was.

Sorry Spaz, but I’m glad I don’t have to live there. But I understand, last night we watched Costa on a gardening show and he was telling a woman she was going to plant something.. her reaction was “no way, my husband will never believe that I have done that..OMG, he’ll be amazed”

There’s a whole other world….

I planted tulips yesterday!!

I use clothes dryers downer

But in my defense i don’t have it in the laundry so the heat from it is not wasted! It warms my flat!

I really want to buy a thermometer for my lounge and decide at what temp i can justify turning the heat on (or AC), rather than just deciding its cold (when maybe its not that bad)

What temp would that be? What’s the temp that it is too cold… cold enough that a jumper and shoes and socks are justifiably not enough?

12 degrees and under

If it’s not snowing, then you shouldn’t put the heat on wink

I’m normally pretty good with just a jumper and trackies in any cold so I’d prefer to save my $$$

Well i am not holding out til 12degs….

And TJ I have been frozen in tracksuit jumper and blanket in my flat! So yeah I need a heater.

When catching public transport I have determined that I need a winter coat if it is under 13deg…

I just need to know what my inside barable temp is…

Yeah… but i’m not normal… I walk around in a t-shirt in the middle of winter wink

As you know Tj C’town can get pretty cold. It’s not like living in Sydney were you just have to get out of the wind to get warm.

I have a scale I use;
+28℃ = no shirt
25-28℃ = singlet
20-25℃ = T-shirt
18-20℃ = long sleeve or T-shirt plus jacket
13-18℃ = Hoodie
5-13℃ = heater
0-5℃ = extra layer + heater
-0℃ = +layers

In Thredbo we set the heater to keep the place 16℃. Afternoon sun took interior to 20℃. Inside wasn’t toasty but when cooking or using clothes dryer (or even the heat from a shower), it warmed the place up.
The heated towel rack is the best way to do everything - dry clothes, heat air and it even made your towels warm, all at a steady, low temp.

sitting here, wearing thermals. We have the fire on in the lounge area, it will pretty much stay ticking away all the time once the temps stabilize to winter (ie non of these stupid 20 degree days we are still having once or twice a week),
the heater in the bedroom might go on for a few minutes morning and night. Rest of the house (other bedrooms etc) get nothing extra, and no electric blankets etc.  The thermal mass of the concrete floor with the fire place does a pretty good job of keeping things warm enough. And after working out in the workshop where your hands freeze and stick to the tools, the house feels delightful!
cheese

So tambo how cold does it have to be in your house before you light the fire?