The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Best beach of Australia .

Hi

Anybody can shared the best beaches of Australia .

Kind Regards
William

The one with the best looking babes on it wink

Hit the nail on the head there K2 LOL

Depends what you want from a beach really, it’s a pretty open ended question!

K2_TeacherBoy - 29 May 2013 06:05 PM

The one with the best looking babes on it wink

That would be broadbeach, GoldCoast but he surf sucks. Tamarama in Syd Eastern subs is known as Glamorama for the babes there.

Austinmer Beach, Illawarra won best beach in NSW several years back. I don’t see why.

My favorite is Coledale beach - it’s a personal choice, my home away from Thredbo.
For city beaches I like Bronte and on the north side Avalon.
Angourie has a pretty amazing set up. And the quiet little Brooms Head down the road.
Burleigh Heads is my favourite point break.

Mooloolabah for the win on talent. Duranbah for sand bar surf. Any where on fraser island for fishing and driving. Bondi to rescue a pom.

LOL
they probably rescue 4 Asians for every 1 pom

Have pulled out my fair share of asians from bondi… so effing clueless

OK well I’ll name my favourites and this is purely based on surf, Windang, Wenoona, North Era, Bronte, Bungan, North Avoca and Pelican.

Outside of the general Sydney area it’s as follows

Yagon, Treachery, Sandbar, Bulls Paddock, Boomers, Southies, Trappies, South Wall, Boulders, Broken Head, Snapper, Pt Cartwright, A Bay, Powlett River, Woolamai,Flynns, Gunneries, 13th, Birdrock, Winki, Cathedral Rock, Joanna, Yallingup, Cowaramup.

I was gonna post platforms at carties on name the break but pulled the pin thinkin nobody would get it. Now the platform is probably this areas manliest wave. Kong used to dominate when others were on the beach complaining of injuries or too small a board.
Interesting choice of boulders when theres a prettier wave around thr corner.  I havent got boulders memorable yet. What makes it for u?

I have had it awesome, really, really awesome.  Breaking from behind the rock and reeling about 200m off down the beach.  I’ve also been there in Xmas holidays and it’s been totally deserted even thought the next beach down played host to literally hundreds of people.

That’d do it for sure.
I was like that with noosa bar and was obsessed with checking it even if the points were all time. Its rare on awesome and unfortunately these days uts on everyones radar.
So OP where for art thou? Heaps of advice. Are u a myth?

NBG did you mean Woonona? (near Bulli)

Yeah mate thats the one, been a long time since I surfed there so forgotten the spelling!

big surprise LOL
South end of the beach would easily be the best housing community in Australia. Easily - imagine being put in government housing and over your back fence is 1km of surf beach, a boat ramp, reef break.
Haha, back in the day there used to be a drive through pot dealer there! Would just pull up out the front and a dude would come out - no need to get out the car or even turn the engine off.
Most of the housing has now been sold by the government to private investors.

All the waterfront properties at bellambi are still housing commission, I’m pretty sure. They’ve been talking about ‘gentrifying’ the area and getting rid of the housing commission and developing it for ages but it never seems to happen!