The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Goals for winter season 2013

Mini HPs are a bit of a waste of time. I don’t how you are suppose to learn without a bit of vert in the pipe? I’m not saying you have to be pulling airs, but the larger transition of a full size pipe makes it easier in my opinion.

AJ2theC - 14 June 2013 11:48 AM

Mini HPs are a bit of a waste of time. I don’t how you are suppose to learn without a bit of vert in the pipe? I’m not saying you have to be pulling airs, but the larger transition of a full size pipe makes it easier in my opinion.

yea spose your right, it would just be nice to have somthing a little smaller than a superpipe to learn in

I’m setting myself some (hopefully) achievable goals this season..

- attempt a black run
- start learning to ride switch
-  learn to stop stacking on the slow flat bits! <- making this one my priority!

and depending how I am going..
- go check out the snow park and maybe have a crack

Well I’ve started on mine!!
I’m quite happy with my tail presses! Tried a few nose ones but was to many people to give it a real go..

even got a few tail presses riding switch..  (and made it down fv a few times switch with out stacking!!)

hit a few jumps and drops.. And by yesterday I was landing about 4 out of 5 jumps (even tail pressed out of 2.. Not entirely intentional.. Lol)

very tempted to hit a box soon.. Watching Mr.h0z hit them yesterday and now I wana try.. Just wasn’t game enough with out my helmet!

also been working on my spins.. And getting them tighter..  Hoping to butter next time im down.. (and hopefully when there is more runs open so they aren’t as crowded.. (didn’t really want to knock some first timer over)

Bomb as many runs as fast and hard as possible, get more aggressive and be a winner!
plus try and spend a whole day at friday flats riding switch and working on butters presses and other flat land ish.

I remember riding behind Dylan when he did that, I think I hit the first one or two and then straightlined along behind, my injury from earlier in the season was still a fresh memory.  The session at Leichardt before that was super fun.

I would agree with AJ about the pipe, the bigger it is the more time you have and the easier it is.  I remember doing the smaller pipe at Big Bear that was about 8-10ft or so, I came out the end of that thing just about having a heart attack it was so much work.  On the pipe last year I enjoyed hitting the lip and getting my fins out to use a surfing term, never really got air above the lip but half my board was out of the lip sorta thing.  I really want to spend some more time in the pipe, I really enjoyed it and it makes a bit more sense spacially and aerially to me for some reason.  Yes they are made up words.

NBG - 17 June 2013 10:08 PM

I remember riding behind Dylan when he did that, I think I hit the first one or two and then straightlined along behind, my injury from earlier in the season was still a fresh memory.  The session at Leichardt before that was super fun.

That was Such an awesome fun day, biggest mistake we made was leaving the parks, i think everyone there would agree (NBG, Sauce, Fatty, Dolph, im sure there was more im forgetting)