The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Goals for winter season 2013

Just thought it would be cool to find out some goals people have set for themselves this upcoming winter, i usually never do these in past winters but one of my teachers from uni told me that it helps alot and thought i would try it out.
Goals for the winter can be anything from just plainly getting more days on the hill to nailing that switch back 5, either way it would be great to make them and to help each other out to achieve our set goals.
I was told to set 2 goals, medium and a hard one, kind of like a 5yr plan but for this winter.

Im yet to set my goals but i was thinking about trying to pump out a fast five every 2 weeks for the whole season?
anyway let me hear some of your goals or maybe we can give each other some ideas

Mine are

- Passing my assessments/training, this weekend will be very telling about that which is why I am so excited about it.

- Get more days on the hill than last season (must go looking for the stats on last season)

- Snowboarding, get down a blue run without falling over (& not a Merrits blue run either, something at Perisher. Not saying perisher is harder just that the only riding i will do at thredders will be the shred and nothing else will be open!)

I want to;

hit 40 days on snow..

learn buttering/ollies/flat land tricks

hit a jump in the park..  (maybe a box depending on confidence)

and ride every lift at least once! (only done 1/2 of smigs, haven’t done guthega or Olympic yet and only done the double and triple chair on Mt.P!)

h0z - 22 May 2013 11:45 AM

I want to;

This is an area I’d like to work on as well as switch riding. Getting good at this will spice up the short runs.

You have to get to guthega it’s great over there! You’ll master poma lifts by the end of it.

The Eyre T-Bar also opens up some nice areas.

ozgirl - 22 May 2013 11:39 AM

Snowboarding, get down a blue run without falling over

At a girl!

My sister achieved this early last season (think Zalis may have been the first?) and her confidence/riding took off after that which opened up a lot more of the mountain.

She did Zali’s as her FIRST blue run?! hahahahaha. Brave, good for her.

Not break anything would be nice.

Andy Aitken - 22 May 2013 12:01 PM

Haha possibly aided by a slightly pushy brother! smile

NBG - 22 May 2013 12:04 PM

Hah in a similar vain I’d like to avoid doing any more permanent damage to my body (I still can’t sit properly on my left cheek)  confused

yeah switch riding is on most peoples to do list i think, i dont do enough of it and you have nothing to lose doing it at the bottom of each run

rode to guthega for the first time last season after a some pretty decent falls (for aus) and had an absolute ball! that fresh feeling of exploring plus some nice freshies through this bowl we found was awesome!

personal goals 1. get a solid back 3 off the last jump on front val 2. get front 3s in leichardt 3. attempt a backflip

h0z - 22 May 2013 11:45 AM

I want to;

hit 40 days on snow..

hit a jump in the park..  (maybe a box depending on confidence)

and ride every lift at least once! (only done 1/2 of smigs, haven’t done guthega or Olympic yet and only done the double and triple chair on Mt.P!)

I love doing butters, best thing to do on a board i think

drc13 - 22 May 2013 12:09 PM

Haha possibly aided by a slightly pushy brother! smile

NBG - 22 May 2013 12:04 PM

Hah in a similar vain I’d like to avoid doing any more permanent damage to my body (I still can’t sit properly on my left cheek)  confused

I’m beginning to think that I should probably try to enjoy myself and learn to do what I can do better and maybe be happy with that.  This coming from the guy who is set on landing an air reverse surfing at 34 and 109kgs ha ha ha.  Having said that I don’t think my personality really lends itself to not moving forward or I feel stale.

tracvks - 22 May 2013 12:10 PM

personal goals 1. get a solid back 3 off the last jump on front val 2. get front 3s in leichardt 3. attempt a backflip

I didn’t add this one as I don’t know if I will be ready this year.. Or even next but I REALLY want to learn tame dogs (front flips) they look sooooo fun!! (like a cartwheel without hands!!)

If its not icy Zali’s is not bad!

Interceptor…. man the beat me bad last year at the shred!!

do more then 7 days on snow this season lol

ozgirl - 22 May 2013 12:30 PM

Interceptor…. man the beat me bad last year at the shred!!

Hah and to top it off it’s not that fun with condition like the shred. Is great with a bit of fresh though. Can imagine it being a bit of a battle though props for giving it a shot.

lanox - 22 May 2013 12:31 PM

do more then 7 days on snow this season lol

You’re off to a good start!

> More days on the snow than last season ( I did 8, which makes 13 days total ever)
> More confidence with switch riding
> More time in the park
> and getting a 360 down would be nice