The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Riding Italy/France and Switzerland

Hey BW Kids

Ive just arrived back in Italy from Aus and its getting pretty cold over here!!!! Ill be here for the next 6 months Yaaay!!

Just wanted to know if anyone has ridden around the Italy/Swiss and France area.. I rode up on the boarder of Switzerland and Italy earlier in April at an intimate resort called Cervina.. It was pretty amazing, but looking for other mad spots to shred.

Soooo if anyone can offer some advice on good places to ride would be mucho appreciated’o wink

Cheers!

Well, why don’t you do some exploring and report back on the spots you find?

I’ve crossed the Zermatt / Cervinia border, many years ago. Also, there is the La Thuile resort near Val d’Isere, which straddles the France / Italy border.

Switzerland, I’d seek out some of the megaresorts, then sample the smaller stuff. I only have experience with the larger spots (Zermatt, Verbier, Davos), and they’re huge, freeride heavens. As I’m usually on my own, I can’t really justify any major off-piste stuff, so if you want the goods, make some friends, ask around, brush up on your Italiano, Francais, und Deutsch.

Don’t forget eastern Europe. It’s very good value, and quite the adventure.

Thanks tripper!!! Ill be sure to do a bit of exploring.. As i work all week, im going to be one of those weekend warrior riders…. I was looking on google maps today and was surprised to see how close Cervinia and Chamonix were to each other..

Anyhoo ill let you know what i find!

Cheers dude! Yew