The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Who doesn’t give a rats arse about team sports?

I don’t mind watching it from time to time but not one of those who has to watch every one of my teams games.  I played union as a kid at rep level for the Rats, got sick of it cause I wanted to go surfing instead.  played water polo for school which was ok and most recently got dragged into playing AFL when I lived in Melbourne, decided I needed to try it to see what it was all about.  I now enjoy watching the Swans games when there’s not much else on.

Don’t understand the fascination with american sports or soccer, boring as batshit in my mind.

TJswish - 30 April 2013 10:18 AM

Haha I figured being a Bondi boy, getting peticures and sipping lattes was something you do raspberry

I’m confused… Deano isn’t from Bondi? smirk

Friday Night Lights got me a bit interested in Grid Iron. I reckon during the height of me watching that show (i watched every season within a 6mth period, so at least an ep a day!)  I understood it more than any sport we play here! LOL

spaz - 29 April 2013 06:39 PM

Haters gotta hate something - nothing better to hate than a bunch of homophobes with their heads stuck up each others butts

First player in any of the four major American leagues just came out (today). Looks like the league and players have all been very supportive. Interesting read: http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/29/jason-collins-comes-out.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

rider26 - 30 April 2013 10:22 AM

Haha I figured being a Bondi boy, getting peticures and sipping lattes was something you do raspberry

Hey, i enjoy pedicures sure. But dont you dare say i enjoy latte’s!

I hate coffee in all its forms.

Im def into team sports. NFL, NHL and Super Rugby.

Can’t stand NRL anymore since the players IMO are so damn irresponsible and get away with behaving like peanuts half the time.

Im not saying the other sports dont have issues with players, but I feel they deal with them faster and more appropriately.

Or have good PR people to suppress it!

deanobruce - 30 April 2013 01:05 PM
rider26 - 30 April 2013 10:22 AM

Hey, i enjoy pedicures sure. But dont you dare say i enjoy latte’s!

pffft!! And you say your a Melbournian at heart. Lies!

deanobruce - 30 April 2013 01:05 PM

Even Coke?

I don’t believe Coke is a form of coffee? Both have caffeine but caffeine isn’t necessarily derived from coffee.

* I could be wrong about Coke but that’s my guess.

I be :burn:

So is caffeine added to coffee?

No, coffee beans are naturally high in caffeine. But caffeine can be derived from things other than coffee.

Im sure dean is saying he hates coffee, not caffine

But coffee is good for you, it’s one of the highest sources of antioxidants.
Caffeine on the other hand is not.