The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Transition at Thredbo

Hopefully this signals the end of Thredbo’s ridiculously named “Club Freeride” - where kids are taught terrain park skills, NOT freeriding!

Looks more like TSRC nothing to do with Thredboland/ski school.

Yeah, it seems you’re right. That means Thredbo will still be referring to park/pipe as “freeriding”.

I don’t think they realise how unprofessional it makes them look?! Thredbo’s such an awesome resort, with killer terrain and really great staff (I consider Thredbo staff to be the best of any resort in Australia), so I just don’t get how they can get something like this soooooo wrong year after year???

*facepalm*

It’s Thredbo, they are used to operating unprofessionally. downer

TSC started in Buller, they do a camp in the USA at Breckenridge.

Wildman rode with them for a few seasons. Awesome crew.

I cannot rate what Christine and Jarrod do highly enough. They put together an amazing coaching crew which bring the best out in their students.

Not sure if you remember posting about DCP doing really well in the states, winter just past. He competed against all the rippers we see in the magazines and did really well.
DCP came through TSC shaka

chucky - 22 April 2013 05:56 PM

Hopefully this signals the end of Thredbo’s ridiculously named “Club Freeride” - where kids are taught terrain park skills, NOT freeriding!

Yep, TSC totally separate.
Amazing bunch of people with an awesome bunch of kids. Big calling for this stuff in NSW due to the NSW winter institute stuff. I would never hesitate to recommend TSC to anyone interested in rider progression for kids (and adults). Awesome bunch of people, great coaches, but really down to earth.

TSC kids (for want of better description) do DO park. or pipe, and free ride and whatever is their thing. It’s great to see the NSW kids having a shot at this awesome program. If we had the $$, our kids would be there again tomorrow!