The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

FreeFly’s new Gimbal - Game Changer….

Just Announced -

Been eyeing off this company for their helicopter gimbal prowess, looks like they are taking it to the streets.

Watch the BTS video of it in action, and see more on this blog. insane!

http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/63357898[/vimeo]

Cool piece of kit smile

looks insane! bit out of my budget i bet haha

yeah it’s pricey - 15k for the RED model, 7.5K for the DSLR. The good thing though, is that most of this technology exists already (brushless gimbals, IMU units are the two main things making this work) and the interweb is on-fire already with people scheming to produce cheaper versions. Expect some cool stuff within the year I would think

How cool is the section with the guy that films on the roller blades

That’s exactly what I was thinking crackers.. Pretty creative, imagine it at the snow!!

h0z - 08 April 2013 12:13 PM

That’s exactly what I was thinking crackers.. Pretty creative, imagine it at the snow!!

I was also thinking that you should buy it and let me borrow it wink

Haha I wish I could afford it!! Lol maybe one day..

Awesome new little toy. cant wait to get my hands on one.

my buddy who is a professional steddy-camera operator is actually a lill worried abt this thing.

Looks pretty cool!!!!!

That Taxi Scene isn’t the same one as they filmed though!!!!!

Ya can see he cut away on the blades at a different point!!!!! LOL

marcab - I don’t think he should be worried, steadicam operators will still have their place in the world, and this will become a standard attachment onto his existing vest. It still requires skill and vision in how you run around with it!

mizu - Yeah it is, but they shot it 5 or 6 times, probably only shot the BTS vision during that one take.. you get the idea though! I definately want one of these on the heli! will be so nice