The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Name the break

Is a hint needed?

spaz - 16 April 2013 05:53 PM

My best summer of surfing was spent at this spot. So good earning a place in the lineup from surfing it everyday, 3 times a day for 3 months.

Hadn’t even realized there was a pic up!!!!! LOL

Burleigh Heads?????

I’m thinking Crescent Head maybe? I’ve only been there a couple of times and never when its been big so hard to know. Those rocks and the tree look familiar somehow though.

Yep Burleigh.
More precisely The Cove.

The tree is a Pandanus Palm and they do grow at Crescent Head.
Crescent doesn’t really bowl like that it’s more of a fat wave for longboarders.

Pretty sure Cresent is a lot more open too!!!!!!

Been a looooong time since I’ve been up that way!!!!!

I nominate cords to post the next pic!!!!! (I’m on my phone so I can’t post pics atm!!!!! I know I could, but can’t be fooked!!!!!) LOL

yeah as I said, I didn’t know what crescent looked like when it gets big, it was just the rocks and the tree that made me guess it.

Here is mine. I dunno if it is too easy or not. Should be pretty easy I think.

The Wedge!!!!!

yep The Wedge at newport beach in Cali….damn that was too easy. haha

I knew it was the wedge. Funnily I almost posted a pic of the wedge but thought it would be a bit hard.

It such a distinctive looking wave.

Almost “Wedge” Shaped even!!!!! :smartarse:

An even easier one!!!!!

Shippies!

Macaroni’s?????

Although, that’s prob the biggest that I’ve seen it in a pic!!!!!

Well done Mizu, your go!  I took that shot in 2004 on my first boat trip there.  It’s not exactly the uncrowded paradise you’re hoping for even back then!