The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Mentawais

Hi all!!

So i just did a 2 week stint in the Mentawai Islands at Macaronies surf camp.. Holy wow! Best tubes of my life! Amazing wave.. One of the worlds best left handers, had an amazing crew with me, great weather and even to surf with a few pros, like ry craike, matt hoy, craig anderson just to name a few, but boy did they put on an air show on the smaller days..

A must see place!! Yeeewwww!!!

http://www.macaronisresort.com/

Aaron, you need to post some photos! 

I heard you were back in town for a short while? I leave in a week, get in touch!

Been to Mentawaii boat trip once and then north Sumarta on another boat, personally I preferred North over the Ments as it was way less crowded with what I reckon are better waves!

Yo J. I fly back to sydney tomorrow from tassie..PM me your number.. Ill post some pics soon!!

Nthbeachesguy.. I agree. i think the Mentawais is a little fickle, also crowded.. But none the less still got some insane tubes!!

Yeah you do, got really good HT’s and Thunders by ourselves at different times so not always bad.  The majority of the time we surfed with other though whereas up north the majority we surfed by ourselves!

yea boi…been sick surf recently EVERYWHERe.