The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What should i buy guys????

yeah i think im leaning towards the 60D and just keep saving for a 5D mkiii.

There’s a chance canon will release something fun over the next few days at NAB expo in the states too. might change your options

hey fmf when you do your follow cam up at perisher what lens do you use?

I think that was mostly canon 50mm prime or 24-70 for the last episode (after I got the 5D)

On the 7D I would shoot with tokina 11-17mm.

Ideally I would like a 35mm prime on the full frame. 24-70 is too heavy!

yeah sweet, i think im gonna end up buying a 7d! kind of want to more involved with the photography side of things!

yep today im a proud owner of a canon 7d haha weeee!!

Yeewwwww shaka

Nice man! have fun! And update any firmware that might need updating!

yeah i think i got the latest one! also another question haha um im looking at buying one of those fly cams, any idea on good ones? havent really had a big look at them but theres quite abit of them going around

I use a glidecam HD 2000. I had a flycam nano and sold it. the flycam is a good place to start out if you want to ‘see if its for you’ but I grew out of it pretty quickly. I would recommend the glidecam, I would also possibly think about the glidecam HD 4000. It can carry a little extra weight, which is nice if you wanted to say, have the 7d, a 24-70 and a mic, or LED light on the hotshoe. The 2000 can manage it, but the 4000 is better! Guys like theo muse and moxley (DTF) both use 4000’ for filming snow.

I thought about upgrading to the 4000 recently, but throwing my coin at other things first!

yeah i was just looking around and most people are saying the Glidecam is the go, Ill try and get one before the season kicks off but i dont see that happening haha Cheers cam!