The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

bs360 first attempt: fail! :P

Could of slide it it out to a 5.

Brave attempt. Are you nailing them on smaller hits?

Good effort mate. Just need to slow your rotation a bit.

you’re right… I was in over rotation.. I tried it because bs180 was over rotated too raspberry
next time I’ll try bs5… another change to over rotate! ahhaha

PS
yes I just tried this trick on a smaller kicker… but when u fight the fear of speed and height it seems more easy on this one, because you have more air time and rotation are smoother

steelkeeper, do you mind if I move this thread to “Rider Progression”? I think it’s a better fit there and will generate more discussion.

If you are over-rotating your 180s, then you definitely need to slow down your rotation when taking off. My guess is you’re pushing the roation too hard on the takeoff or immediately after (which seems to be the problem with your bs 360 as well). For backside 180s, ride off your toe edge cleanly (and straight) and really stall the rotation in the air. Don’t whip your head around to look for the landing. Backside 180s are all about floating.

yeah, no problem!

PS
next time I’ll do more practice in the park.
the one in the video was the first time I tried rotation on a kicker like that

It’s good to post these sort of video’s. It is one of the main reasons Boardworld came into existence.

Taking advice from the instructors on this site after I post vids of my riding has helped me improve greatly - thats after boarding for more than a decade.

You defiantly don’t need to work on your snowball throwing aim, that was perfect!

ahahah yeah, sniper mode on :D

cool smirk

I hope you post up some more soon steelkeeper, you looked really good in the air for the first half of the spin.  When you land you’re a little bit over rotated, which is easy to fix (just give it slightly less of the jump) and slighly back seat (you land on your tail if you watch it in slow motion), to correct that try and make sure your weight is even on both feet when you take off and try and keep your shoulders level when you throw the spin.  It’s easy to did your back shoulder on backside spins so keep that in mind.

You’ll find that you can dip your back shoulder when doing back 5 and it should come round nicely for a bit of a cork although learning them flat spin would be more helpful going forward i think.