The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Wishlist for new BW

Mizu Kuma - 14 March 2013 01:48 AM
drc13 - 14 March 2013 01:37 AM

* Some form of automatic resizing of images

This, right here!!!!!

Yep this one is an even better idea. I have pretty much stalled on my current trip report because I got sick of having to resize my photos individually in photobucket first….

For the tagging people one maybe you could have the ability to turn it off on your profile settings? or only have one active tag in a thread at a time? would be better to send it to my BW inbox not my email.

Maybe make the TAG Function delivery Customizable?????

That way, everyone can select what way they’d wish to receive them!!!!!

Don’t know if there is a thread or what but a sticky thread from someone who makes stickers etc would be good and people could get custom stickers made. I don’t know there already could be someone on the forum that can, if so let me know

Ummm I was thinking maybe less graphic intense. The wallpaper images are a bit full on or maybe even some fresh ones. Rider26 you could make some with your new fresh design skills :D More rounded edges on every thing less block looking. I like the 5 colours though.

rider26 - 14 March 2013 12:11 AM
CRACKERS - 13 March 2013 09:21 AM
ozgirl - 13 March 2013 08:04 AM

I would love to have the ability to tag someone ie @Rider26 which would some how draw a persons attention to a post that would be on interest to them.

ie me waiting DRC to look at Skip’s why I don’t like tree thread. Or how Deano said that the new guy looking for cost of a season should check out K2’s whistler thead…

This is a very good idea. I often am told that someone one replied telling me something or posted telling me something and I never saw it.

I had this idea as well. I like it for a lot of reasons. My only hesitation is I think it would probably annoy some people, and/or it would start being overused, which again would annoy a lot of people.

How would you like to be notified if you’re tagged? Email?

P.S. I really like this thread idea.

I actually have seen it on another forum. I can show you rider. And that forum is a bit crazy with posters (american) and from what I can see it is not abused at all.

I like the idea of it going to your PM inbox and it is up to you to check if you want (that way if people do abuse it then you are not bothered by it)

DRC I did do a search and for some reason couldn’t find that thread either!

BTW 100% certain rider has said the auto resize is already on the list.

I want a Translator like the Google Chrome one, so we can read ozgirl’s and lanox’s posts properly!!!!!  smirk

Whats wrong with my post??

You edited it!!!!!  hmmm

No i didn’t promise!

I laughed and went too but could find anything wrong!

ozgirl - 14 March 2013 09:36 AM

No i didn’t promise!

I laughed and went too but could find anything wrong!

Read what you just wrote then!!!!!  LOL

haha!!

2 wicked ideas… Get the surf section up and running Jeremy!! (no pressure)

Annnddd a BW app for all those fan dangled smart phone users out there!! Imagine that! BW on the go! wink

CRACKERS - 14 March 2013 04:22 AM
Mizu Kuma - 14 March 2013 01:48 AM
drc13 - 14 March 2013 01:37 AM

* Some form of automatic resizing of images

This, right here!!!!!

Yep this one is an even better idea. I have pretty much stalled on my current trip report because I got sick of having to resize my photos individually in photobucket first…. 

For the tagging people one maybe you could have the ability to turn it off on your profile settings? or only have one active tag in a thread at a time? would be better to send it to my BW inbox not my email.

Crackers, type (or copy and remove the full stops,).  Then paste is a few times and just put the url in for each photo.. no need to resize in photobucket everytime.. this tag will do it for you,  (I put 800 because that’s the forums limit.. personally I use 600 - just a preference really)

<.img src =“PUT IMAGE URL HERE” width. =“800”><./img>

(there should be no full stops in that code, and there should be a space after src and width - but no space between = and “”)

Hope this helps… and makes sense?

I usually just type it out each time.. (used to do a few custom html tables for my MySpace haha)

Here’s a visual of what hOz is saying ^

Just replace the URL in the code below with the URL of your image.

BUT we are working on a few permanent solutions to this problem.

<li>There will be a button above for the code I just supplied. It means you can resize at the click of a button.</li>
<li>A direct upload feature within the forums. No need for Photobucket or anything else.</li>
<li>Mobile phone upload feature through the BW app. This will take a bit more time but it will eventually be introduced.</li>
From what I have been told, an automatic resizing feature is close to impossible (at least we haven’t worked it out yet), but hopefully the three solutions above should solve the problem anyway.

rider26 - 14 March 2013 10:44 PM

<li>There will be a button above for the code I just supplied. It means you can resize at the click of a button.</li>

More than happy with this!

The inbuilt uploaded is a bit crap/clunky on that other site we do not name. Just something think about.