The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Wishlist for new BW

I would love to have the ability to tag someone ie @Rider26 which would somehow draw a persons attention to a post that would be of interest to them.

ie me wanting DRC to look at Skip’s “why I don’t like trees” thread. Or how Deano said that the new guy looking for cost of a season should check out K2’s whistler thread…

My other one which I mentioned the other night is to have the email you get sent saying you have a PM on boardworld, that the link takes you to the forums main page OR straight to your inbox.

Very annoying that it links to the Boardworld home page and you have to navigate to the forums before going to the inbox page.

ozgirl - 13 March 2013 08:04 AM

ie me waiting DRC to look at Skip’s why I don’t like tree thread

I would love to have the ability to tag someone ie @Rider26 which would some how draw a persons attention to a post that would be on interest to them.

ie me waiting DRC to look at Skip’s why I don’t like tree thread. Or how Deano said that the new guy looking for cost of a season should check out K2’s whistler thead…

This is a very good idea. I often am told that someone one replied telling me something or posted telling me something and I never saw it.

yep agreed with that.

A BW forums app for android would be nice, too smile

So did you look DRC??

ozgirl - 13 March 2013 09:29 AM

So did you look DRC??

nah I’m waiting until someone can @drc13 it to me!  smile

I’d also like to tell oz that this is a great idea, but I can’t @ozgirl in order to do so!!!!!

CRACKERS - 13 March 2013 09:21 AM

I would love to have the ability to tag someone ie @Rider26 which would some how draw a persons attention to a post that would be on interest to them.

ie me waiting DRC to look at Skip’s why I don’t like tree thread. Or how Deano said that the new guy looking for cost of a season should check out K2’s whistler thead…

This is a very good idea. I often am told that someone one replied telling me something or posted telling me something and I never saw it.

I had this idea as well. I like it for a lot of reasons. My only hesitation is I think it would probably annoy some people, and/or it would start being overused, which again would annoy a lot of people.

How would you like to be notified if you’re tagged? Email?

P.S. I really like this thread idea.

No more annoying than Love Text Songs, I’m guessin?????

rider26 - 14 March 2013 12:11 AM
CRACKERS - 13 March 2013 09:21 AM

I had this idea as well. I like it for a lot of reasons. My only hesitation is I think it would probably annoy some people, and/or it would start being overused, which again would annoy a lot of people.

How would you like to be notified if you’re tagged? Email?

P.S. I really like this thread idea.

I think personally it should message you Rider and then you call us and sing the message to us. I’d love to hear your harmonic tunes every-time someone tags me.

Ideas:

List of new/updated threads in like a sidebar location. This places less emphasis on the Social section and allows people to see whats happening in other threads

Better search functionality - List in most recent post order. (When you search for separated, you need to filter through pages to find the S@B thread.)

Updated list of mods - With a good portion of mods no-longer posting/checking and K2 in Whistler, it would be nice to allow other members to help out Spaz and Azz. Especially when the season starts and the posts pick up and Spaz and Azz both heading to the snow regularly.

I think we should follow ski.com.au and limit the number of exclamation points that can be used per post..  tongue wink

I’m sure we’ve had a thread for ideas for the “new” boardworld before around a year ago.

My two main requests remain:

* A more discrete theme option for the forums so it doesn’t scream out “I’m not working” everytime someone walks past my screen.

* Some form of automatic resizing of images

antisense - 14 March 2013 01:35 AM

I think we should follow ski.com.au and limit the number of exclamation points that can be used per post..  tongue wink

Meh, been there, done that!!!!!

Highly overrated in my opinion!!!!!

Why do Snowboarders even suggest such outdated ideas?????

drc13 - 14 March 2013 01:37 AM

* Some form of automatic resizing of images

This, right here!!!!!