The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

My shoulders rock the 1970s… Chronic Disco Shoulder

Yup, I think it’s luck and a little bit of body ‘construction’. Apparently I have very ‘loose’ joints, so my shoulders/knees/hips are more prone to dislocation than others.

But there’s so many minutely different positions your body can be in when you crash, sometimes luck is on your side, sometimes it isn’t.

Dave - MRI went well, I get the results tomorrow. I fell asleep in the machine, it seems loud noises don’t really bother me. That’s the second time I’ve nodded off during an MRI!

Good to hear your MRI went well, goodluck w/ results

Thanks very much for your reply Becky, I’m working with purple band right now, doing the workout twice a day at like.. 20-40 reps per arm, 2 sets per…

I was at work and felt two instances yesterday where I felt the joint slipping out and consciously kinda “pull” it back in by flexing.. I’ve never been able to do this and I htink its a good sign..

Ian

Enn Zed - 24 June 2009 01:10 PM

Dave - MRI went well, I get the results tomorrow. I fell asleep in the machine, it seems loud noises don’t really bother me. That’s the second time I’ve nodded off during an MRI!

I had an MRI back in 05 when I was sick with the Addison`s disease..That thing is da Bomb…..and it sounds like bombs…and guns…and jackhammers..It sounded like I was at work with no earplugs…..I kept reaching for something to weld..

good luck on your results..Hopefully no surgery for you..
It`s just a finger anyway..

haha MRI’s are great fun…and Enn Zed I did the same and fell asleep about 1 minute into mine…had one…2 years ago now on my left shoulder that I couldn’t lift above 90*, actually did the injury laying down putting a barbell back on a weight bench, missing the catch, and subsequently having the weight drop over the back of the bench, taking my unlucky left arm that i didn’t manage to let go of the bar with, with it…

couldn’t lift it properly for nigh on a year after it - ended up finally going and getting it checked and it was supposedly just bursitis and a stretching of all 4 of the rotator cuff muscles…but I think there’s still something up impingement wise…hope everyones shoulders get better soon anyway…they aren’t fun…

I also did my left shoulder as well. I was hit while teaching and got a 2 degree tear of my supraspinatus. Wasn’t’ able to get the MRI quick enough so it partially healed with scar tissue. When I did get the MRI I had the dye injection as well, not fun i might add. So hard to get dressed and undressed when you can’t move one arm because every time you do it causes you excruciating pain. The MRI itself was fine, I too almost fell asleep. Shoulders are something you really want to take care of, I’m suffering with mine since it’s my dominant arm and I used to be a competitive squash player

Good luck to everyone with their shoulder problems, there seems to be a lot of us out there.

I had shoulder surgury about a year ago now. Tried all the physio, exercises, cortisone shots etc. for about a year. Just got sick of the pain aftera while. Had surgury and now its pretty sweet. Still do some rehab work every few days.
I can honestly say that surgury was my best option.