The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Lil Wayne

Alright I know there is a lot of controversy around about lil Wayne and skateboarding. I personally was against it however Brandon biebel backs him in this episode of free lunch that I watched today.
What’s your verdict?

He makes shit music but he is a good guy. Built a skate park in New Orleans for the kids. If he makes a skateboard brand then ill lose respect for him.

Young Money skate co…....

bkrtron - 08 February 2013 09:14 PM

If he makes a skateboard brand then ill lose respect for him.

^^
This

right now though….guy wants to skate just let him be

Yeah I really dunno hey. Like the whole quitting music to be a skater was a bit over the top but if its something he loves doing then no matter how bad he is at it I’ve got no objections provided he doesn’t do a new balance and start a skate team

True Turbaned..but then again Nike SB did a New Balance and that was very successful.

Yeah I guess. But I dunno I sorta see it in a different way as they were centered around of a lot of sport at the time and already made a lot of like street wear. I guess it s just that whenever I picture new balance it’s that mad ugly pristine white NB written on a chunky trainer of a primary school kid

Turbaned turtle - 11 February 2013 09:14 AM

Yeah I guess. But I dunno I sorta see it in a different way as they were centered around of a lot of sport at the time and already made a lot of like street wear. I guess it s just that whenever I picture new balance it’s that mad ugly pristine white NB written on a chunky trainer of a primary school kid

hahah for sure it does sound like that.

I think we forget that Nike is just one well oiled machine to make money. I’m a SB fan but they are profit over skateboarding in the long run not like skater ran and skater owned companies. I think we forget that or Nike is just one hell of a company to blind us from it.

bkrtron - 12 February 2013 06:34 AM

I think we forget that Nike is just one well oiled machine to make money.

Haha I didn’t realise that they have started to use machines now raspberry