The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

drc13 - Japan 2013 Video Edit

Azz - 06 February 2013 07:38 PM

Nice vid, awesome riding shaka

lanox - 06 February 2013 10:07 PM

Dave, you really have improved so much man ...

congratz and great video ...

Thanks guys, really glad you enjoyed it!

Warren Chapstick - 06 February 2013 11:07 PM

Yewwwwwww sick cheese

Mizu Kuma - 06 February 2013 11:23 PM

Nice stuff mate!!!!! shaka

Yewwww! stoked the current Japow crew got a chance to check it out!

Nice! Everyone can see what they’re missing by not riding Charlie Slashers in pow.  wink

Wicked! shaka

chucky - 07 February 2013 01:57 AM

Nice! Everyone can see what they’re missing by not rising Charlie Slashers in pow.  wink

Haha I’m glad you approve of this board choice as you will absolutely despise the board I’ve currently got my eye on for the upcoming Australian Season!  tongue rolleye

Billy - 07 February 2013 12:11 PM

Wicked! shaka

shaka I miss Japan!

What board you thinking for back here?

Only board I think I’d despise would be something like this:

drc13 - 08 February 2013 01:07 AM

Nice! Everyone can see what they’re missing by not rising Charlie Slashers in pow.  wink

Haha I’m glad you approve of this board choice as you will absolutely despise the board I’ve currently got my eye on for the upcoming Australian Season!  tongue rolleye

A ski brand?  michelle

chucky - 08 February 2013 02:04 AM
drc13 - 08 February 2013 01:07 AM

A ski brand?  michelle

That was my 2nd choice in this situation

TJswish - 08 February 2013 01:58 AM

What board you thinking for back here?

Hah well not one of those!

After having such amazing snow as well as easily accessible trees and long runs in Japan, I’m a little concerned Perisher may prove to be a little dull in comparison this season. I’m really looking forward to riding with mates again but I’ve been thinking of ways to extract more fun out of each run. I’ll never be a big fan of the park so ruling that out but I do see the appeal in flatland tricks (especially after seeing some sick Japanese riders showing me how it’s done)

As a result I’ve been looking into adding an “Australian fun/allmtn board” into my quiver. Off the top of my head I’ll want it to be decently flexy/pressable, wouldn’t mind some edge tech for when it inevitably get’s icey, would love a camber or camber dominant hybrid (my current boards are RC) and sintered base. One board that seems to tick all the boxes is the Rossi Jibsaw (argh a ski brand!!!) and a 12 model is decently priced. The other option I’m looking into is a yes jackpot (yay snowboard brand but maybe too noodly).

Nothing’s locked in though I’ve only really just started looking/researching and I really don’t NEED a new board for this but it’s good to build up some brownie points with chucky via the capita before the rossi hate get’s lumped on!  tongue wink

Edit: haha looks like he picked it before I’d finished typing…... Anyways we can save this debate for when I start up a thread in the equipment section for now I’ll keep this thread for sick pow videos shaka

LOL