The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New buttons and features on the forums

As requested…

Please test and let me know if you notice any problems.

The features are:

- View New Posts  

- View Today’s Active Topics  

- Mark All Posts as Read

Any new requests?  grin

Nice one! been waiting for these features grin
As soon as i think of anything ill let ya know!
good work team

Awesome news.. love being able to make one click to see all the active topics grin

I first selected “view new posts” It only showed one item… probably cause since I had logged in, only one new topic was created?
then I selected “View today’s active topics” and I got a message that said:You are only allowed to search every 15 seconds.” Hmmm, I tried again and it worked… but only showed the same one topic I got after my first search. This time of day isnt very active, as most on your side of the globe are asleep, while I’m awake…

But the every 15 min thing, surprised me.

snowslider - 01 September 2010 05:10 PM

But the every 15 min thing, surprised me.

Hey snowslider,
15min or 15 sec? I tried pressing it quickly a second time and it came up with 15 seconds as you mentioned the first time. I dont think 15 seconds its to bad

As far as I know it’s a pretty standard feature on most forums to have a period like that to avoid too much load on the servers

Please keep posting feedback so our developers can tweak the buttons if required. If there is anything you would like changed please let me know. Yeah I think the 15 second thing is quite standard. Hopefully it doesn’t get too annoying…