The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What is your home mountain?

glen eden , ON. - grew up and started riding
mount st louis , ON - best park in the east
whistlerblackcomb, BC - my new home indefinitely.

my mountain list is better than urrrrrzzzzzz lolomfglmfao1!!!#@%^....

but seriously.

live in adelaide so don’ t really have one - so i adopted Hotham as my home smile

Turoa or Whakapapa

guthega

Locpender - 04 July 2009 07:48 AM

live in adelaide so don’ t really have one - so i adopted Hotham as my home smile

As a fellow Adelaidian, I’m gonna claim Mt Lofty haha I think it snowed there once a couple of years ago?

In all seriousness I adopted Buller last year, and Baw Baw on a couple of family trips back at the turn of the century…

Where in Adelaide do you reside Locpender?

thredbo! although its been a while

I live in Adelaide but I reckon Hotham is my home mountain, spent a while in Utah so Snowbird or Park City would have to be my second

My home mountain is Perisher, but I have been known to defect to Thredbo. It doesn’t matter where you go OS it’s always good to return home

Perisher is where I have done most of my boarding so it will always be known as my home mountain.

Learnt how to ski on buller so kind of still feels like home even though i haven’t ridden there in years and i’m sure a hell of a lot has changed since I was last there.
Most of my recent aus riding over the past 10 or so years has been in Perisher although I’m really quite sick of it and the lack of enthusiasm from the staff on the hill is a real killer (coming from being a lifty in whistler where you were encouraged to interact with patrons on the hill as compared to here where not one lifty has said one word at all is a bit of a bummer.. especially with a poor start to the season you’d think they’d try and cheer people up a bit). Another bummer has been mountain safety who pretty much told myself and a mate to slow down when we weren’t even belting around really got on my nerves, if we were to slow down anymore and I’m going to come to a stop and it wasn’t as if there was anyone around us at the time since we were on one of the first chairs FFS…
2nd home is definitely whistler.. sure enough it’s a long way from my ‘home’ but it’s just magic. Asmentioned by someone else previously, it’s got just about everything you’d ever need.