The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What is your home mountain?

Which mountain do you call home?

Schladming, Austria.  I love it, mellow locals with good moustaches, and lots of austrian girls with massive jugs of beer ;o)  It really does rock out over there tho, so much terrain variation, and the snow is EPIC….we’ve been snowed in so so so many times there it’s stupid.  Loads of good resorts within spitting distance, and a real laid back vibe to the whole scene - check it out if yr over there next Northern Hemi winter.

Perisher

Whistler, BC Canada!!!

Tignes! Can’t get there no more though! Bring on Japan!

Can I name 2?

Winterplace WV, USA is really the resort I work at and would be at the most…
Snowshoe, WV, USA is the nicer resort I prefer to be at, and did work there a couple years
Wintergreen, VA is fairly close too.

Wait that was 3 not 2.

Oh well.
Where would we be, if no one ever broke the rules?

snowslider - 18 June 2009 03:40 AM

Oh well.
Where would we be, if no one ever broke the rules?

absolutely nowhere!!!

Thredbo.

Whistler. Such epic mountains in Canada, you will find something to suit your riding style from pow to park ... or groomers.

Whistler is definately my second home.

I guess my post code is 2625, my bills get sent here and it is my home-Thredbo.

Mt Hotham is our home hill, Dinner Plain is home.

Buller

Hotham.

Hotham.  Bonus that it’s only a couple of hours away!

Im kinda new to snowboarding you could say, ive only snowboarded out of australia once and it was at Mt Hutt in 2006 i think, biggest snowfall season in 10 years i think? well it was the best time of my life and since then i vowed to really get into it, even though recently ive moved out of home and am studying im trying my best bit by bit to save up for my next adventure!