The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your opinion on Nike SB’s?

I recently ordered some Nike SB Paul Rodriguez V Rods and I’ve looked up a lot of reviews and asked around and some people have said that it has lasted them 5 months+ and some said it has lasted them a couple of days. I haven’t received them yet but I’m thinking I should of got a different pair now. But I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

So, what are your opinions on Nike SB shoes? what ones do you think are the most durable, comfortable etc.

While I don’t roll, NIKE have been doin a top notch job with their Skate Shoes along with their Snowbaord Boots!!!!!

Love em or Hate em, NIKE are here to stay!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 27 September 2011 05:56 AM

While I don’t roll, NIKE have been doin a top notch job with their Skate Shoes along with their Snowbaord Boots!!!!!

Love em or Hate em, NIKE are here to stay!!!!!

I didn’t know they made snowboard boots :O
You learn something new everyday!

Hey mate, I have skated the V-rods (and currently wearing a thrashed pair at work) haha

The v rods are an amazing shoe to skate, the material did wear fairly fast though but that would also have to do with a whole lot of flip tricks.
Great shoe but I’m not a fan of ‘vulc’ soles.. I always get hurt in them haha.

But yeah if you’re not flipping a crazy amount or jumping down big drops they should last a while smile

baskwith - 27 September 2011 08:07 AM

Hey mate, I have skated the V-rods (and currently wearing a thrashed pair at work) haha

The v rods are an amazing shoe to skate, the material did wear fairly fast though but that would also have to do with a whole lot of flip tricks.
Great shoe but I’m not a fan of ‘vulc’ soles.. I always get hurt in them haha.

But yeah if you’re not flipping a crazy amount or jumping down big drops they should last a while smile

Sweet as bro, how long did they last you? I’m only a beginner so I’ll be practicing a lot of kickflips and ollies. I also saw on your video you had Kostons before, are they any good?

Nike who???
I am going to be straight on this one. I don’t like nike. Never really have for some reason. Thing is they are a really annoying company to deal with and if skating does have it’s low again, I wonder if they will jump ship like last time.
I personally prefer to support the brands that are skate owned and runned, on saying that though. Who knows who owes what now a day. So many brands are owned by someone these days.
Eg, Billabong in Australia does Element, RVCA, Plan B, DVS, Lakai and Sector 9 which were suppose to be core skate brands. I am not 100% on whether they own them internationally or not is another thing.
Fallen, Vox and Dekline have been some footwear of choice for me over the last few years. I am a sucker for Fallen though.
Baskwith I hear you on the vulc sole, have you seen how many companies have switched back to the cup sole recently?

Well koston is my Favorite skater so of course I’m going to say his shoes are awesome haha
But nah they are a great shoe, cup sole and good protection.

But I’m going to have to agree with CJ,
I also am a believer is supporting ‘real’ skate companies..
To me Nike and adidas are shoes for athletes, big corporations and really don’t care for the skateboarding industry.
Nike has some of the best skaters in the world now, and that’s awesome but if I had to get shoes
It would be a straight skate company id support first.

Companies like fallen and Emerica I’m so psyched on.

And yeah CJ I guess companies started realizing vulc is technology from the 80s haha even earlier, I want a shoe designed to protect haha

I was thinking about some fallens or emericas but I wasnt sure what to get or where to get it. I saw the Nike sb’s and heard good stuff about them. Hopefully these shoes are alright and will last a while.

Vulc was done to get the whole “board feel” thing going on. Only thing that was the problem is they are very thin and can give you mad heel bruise. I remember the first Fallen Rivals were a thicker sole, but dam they were good for impact protection.
With nike and adidas when you have the money to make a good product, you better. The Janoski’s are one of the highest selling nike’s. Janoski now doesn’t get royalties, just a salary cause of how much money he made. Considering the shoe design has gone on into golf shoe as well with the design. I mean how bad is that, he gets taken of royalties so some fat cat can get more money.

How can they take his royalties away? since theyre using his name isnt he still entitled to the royalties? That sucks man :(