The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

trucks for a big guy

Ok so I need some advice. My local skate shop couldn’t help me so maybe yall can. I love to skate but every time I skate I bend my king pin on my board.. now I’m. Big boy 250 lb big and every brand I’ve tried the same thing happens. Anybody know what trucks I need so this won’t happen?

Welcome big boy to boardworld.
Ok kingpins will always be a problem thing for some skaters. Super annoying I know but unfortnately not a lot of companies are venturing away from tradition steel.
On saying that Theeve are suppose to have a different kingpin. Titanium.
Inverted kingpin may work too. Destructo D2 or Grind king.
Let me know if you have tried any of these.

My buddy is a big lad too (way better skater than me)
He breaks decks and trucks so easy. But he swapped over to Grind King trucks ages ago and hasn’t broken a kingpin since.
He swears by them.

Although if Theeve are making a Titanium pin then that has to be a good option too.

I’m a tiny guy, so my trucks generally don’t break (excluding a set of Royals which snapped right through the hangar). My only advice would be not to get any of the ‘hollow’ kingpin variety. Some of these are hollowed titanium, so I’m not sure if the stronger metal offsets the gap down the middle. Some of my bigger buddies ride Indy, Ace or Destructo and have never had a problem with those.