The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Does Torah Bright have a Double Cork in her run?

Poll: Does Torah Bright have a Double Cork in her run for Vancouver?
Total Votes: 7
Yes
No

The New York Times has an article today about Torah Bright and her Olympic aspirations. She placed 5th in the 2006 Turin Olympics.

One of the most interesting parts of the article is about Torah working on a double cork for her pipe runs. The double cork has become the must-have trick this season. That a woman might be breaking one out would be a huge sign in the progression of women’s snowboarding - and certainly set Tora Bright, who has long been known for her technical tricks, apart from the other women riders.

We’ll be eagerly watching X-Games this week to see if she breaks it out before the Olympics.

The article also reveals where Bright has been lately: Michigan. Not exactly the hotbed of pro snowboarding. In Gaylord, Michigan a privage ski and golf club, Ostego Club, has built a private 22’ superpipe that has attracted Bright and other Olympic hopefuls.

Tomorrows poll..

Who do you think will win Gold in Vancouver?

Torah has a great chance of taking gold. I’m not sure about the double cork, but she is the only girl throwing switch back sevens in the pipe.

well if she does…she may not get a chance to show it…injured and out of xgames…olympics hopefully ok.

“There’s talk of this double cork but the truth is I don’t know whether it will be out there at the Olympics, I don’t think I need it in there this time around.” - Torah Bright

I guess now we have to wait and see…

Hopefully she pulls it out, and the above comments are just mind games for the other competitors…

I watched her run but didnt see them.
Maybe they were in her pocket?

wink

Can’t wait to see a double cork from a lady in the 2014 winter olympics!