The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

VOTE - what do you want to see in the ‘Girls’ section?

Poll: What do you want to see in the most in the ’girls’ section?
Total Votes: 7
Up-to-date News
Products
Profiles
Rider Blogs
Rider Progression
Videos
Interviews
Health & Fitness

Hey Ladies,

This is all about you.. and me.. and everyone that gets welcomed into our community. This space is all for brainstorming.. I’d love to hear from all you ladies out there.. The more you say the more I listen..

- Which sport do you love and why?
- VOTE on what it is you want to see most in the ‘Girls’ section?

There are some amazing things that will happening on Boardworld over the next couple of months, so make sure you have registered and keep checking back for more details.

L.B.

If your new to the group please introduce yourself and make sure you VOTE.

Hey Hey…My name is Hannah Pigram and I am a big fan of this webiste
I dont do any of these sports but I have always wanted to try them all. I have tried surfing and loved it.
Girls Only would be awesome if it had lots of pics of girls doing all these sports as well as live interviews or videos from pro boarders saying something about themselves. Showing new information about events all over the world and blogs from pro’s would be awesome.
I am very interested in health and fitness and would love if there was a section in girls only on good nutrition, new exercises and things like yoga and pilates…AWESOME
I know this site is going to get better and better…

Hi.  My name is Ronia Nash and I live and snowboard in Whistler Canada.  I think Hannah has some great recommendations.  I like having a GIRLS ONLY section because things are so different between us and the guys, whether it be gear or just trying new tricks.  I also wakeboard and would love to learn how to surf one day (not behind a boat).

Hey Hannah and Ronia,

Thanks for registering and joining the Boardworld community.

Really like your ideas and will make sure to get some of those things happening. Its great to see you are passionate about your sports but wanting to try something new. Ronia you are really going to have to try surfing at the beach. Its not the same behind a boat.

If you have any more ideas make sure you let me know.

L.B.

Asking the question about the sport we love and why, im guessing that means other than snowboarding!? tongue laugh

Behind Snowboarding I love Gridiron, played one season. I think a girl only section is awesome, would love to see clothing ranges included? Last season I badly wanted camo pants, couldn’t find the ones I wanted and resorted to buying US Army issue mens uniform. Awesome though, since they are goretex!

Always wanted to try surfing, plan on doing that one when I go to Hawaii one day!

Hey Girls, my name is Michelle and I am originally from Whistler, Canada but am currently living in Sydney, Australia. I have just recently in the past year picked up snowboarding since I have been a skier for close to 19 years, I wanted to try something different. I love it, so much fun to go back to the beginning .
I am really excited for the Girls’ Only section, I know there are some really cool things up the creator’s sleeve. I love the fact that us girls can have an area where we can talk and share experiences without the boys trying to up one us.
Lets get talking girls

Livvy Rebecca Greenbaum Facebook Profile

sup peeps?
This is Livvy Greenbaum giving a shoutout first to Launch (a store in Sebastopol,CA). If you know which store I’m talking about… please feel free to send me a friend request on Facebook! Be sure to include that you have gotten to know me through Boardworld.com.au LOL HIT ME UP!!!

Hey,
I’m Kim and love all board sports, find them fascinating and love the art works on the boards.
I like Hannah’s idea too about the pros having blogs although I think we should hear things from both pros and people who love to do these sports.. surfing has all sorts of dynamics like long board surfing and short boards I think it would be really cool to learn more about them =D along with all the other sports.
This site is pretty cool, I love all the contests going on, getting everyone involved and this all girls section.
keep up the good work
k.

Hey Girls =]
First Of All I Just Want To Say Big Ups To All Of You Girls Who Are Out There Doing Your Sports And Making a Statement, Its Wicked To See And Be a Part Of. My Name Is Sophie, Im From New Zealand And Compete In Motocross On Team Pygmy. I’ve Always Loved Skim Boarding And Please Please Share Any Tips With Me.! Snowboardings Also Totally HOT And I Really Want To Hit The Slopes Next Season And Try My Luck. Fitness And Nutrition Is a Big Part Of My Life And It’d Be Awesome To See Some Good Training And Nutrition Plans For Various Sports. Keep It Up.!

Hey Girls!

I´m Javiera from Chile, Southamerica!.. I love all board sport especially snowboard and longboard, although I would like to do surf and others sport.
For those who doesn´t know about Chile is a beautiful country with many places to practice extrem sports, so if you want to travel to a new place with a lot of alternatives Chile is a great option!.. And if you want to do samething here , like publicity or others things I can help.
Girls just wanna have fun!

It’s good to see that there are a lot of girls from all around the world interested in board sports.

This weekend I’m going up north a bit to Lake Maquarie to learn how to wake board again. I’m hoping to get on a surf board soon as well, some of the waves in Sydney look a little big for me to try out yet.

Does anyone know of some good small surf spots in the Sydney area?

Hey Girls,

Thanks for the comments Livvy, Kim, Sophie and Javiera. Welcome to the Boardworld GIRLS community.

If you have any more ideas make sure you let me know.

L.B.