The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

2009 SoHe Photo of the Season voting

Poll: PHOTO OF THE SEASON. PLACE YOUR VOTE... (please see the whole thread before voting)
Total Votes: 88
Ryan Backside 180. Photographer: EvanL
Going Home. Photographer: nelsonjameshogg
Falls Crew. Photographer: Nudge
Home Trail. Photographer: MissG
Wind Blown. Photographer: spaz
Lights. Photographer: Tambazz
Sky High. Photographer: F@tony
Riding The Night Train. Photographer: Nudge
Kicking Up Dust. Photographer: nelsonjameshogg
Hangover Express. Photographer: MissG
Rocky Knolls. Photographer: DJS.
Flight of the Bluebird. Photographer: Nudge
Ticket to Freedom. Photographer: Innocence
Bonking the Bin. Photographer: EvanL
Big Air. Photographer: nelsonjameshogg
Starting Jump. Photographer: spaz
Hotham. Photographer: strawberrygeorge
Last Run. Photographer: nthnbeachesguy
More Messing Around. Photographer: f@tony
This Is My World. Photographer: f@tony
Lunch Spot. Photographer: Tobi
Fly Like An Eagle. Photographer: Nudge
Golden Oz. Photographer: spaz
Man-made Shadows. Photographer: spaz
The Chair-way to Heaven. Photographer: Nudge
Colour Blind. Photographer: f@tony
One Hour Sled Parking. Photographer: Nudge
Back to Back Gaps. Photographer: EvanL
Cloud Jibbing. Photographer: f@tony
Rainbow Grind. Photographer: alper
Backcountry. Photographer: alper
GNU. Photographer: alper
Tails. Photographer: nelsonjameshogg
Slush. Photographer: alper
Stall. Photographer: f@tony
Tripod. Photographer: f@tony

Close race!

Very close between f@tony and Nudge. Excellent contributions all season from both parties. I will be putting together a smaller prize pack for the runner up… both deserve to win something. Whoever wins, well done to both of you!

Good decision, Jeremy.

Hurray for 2nd place prizes.

spaz - 18 October 2009 10:13 AM

Have you sold much? Do you shoot at the resort - punter shots, or are you approaching media sales (magz)

No, I just get the camera out for an hour or so if I go boarding. Though I probably shot for about 4-5 hours over the two days at the closing of Remarks because of the whole meeting sponsored riders thing.

Be interested in the whole magazine sales and whats involved with that.

I would love to give you some tips tony on selling your shots to mags etc etc but have never done it myself. All the shots i take at work are copyrighted to work and not me, so only shots i take off the clock are mine to sell, and i worked 8am-5pm 7 days so i dont get many to do so….

That kinda sucks.  Could you use the shots you took during work as a kind CV if you were looking for a new job and stuff? To pimp yourself out etc.

Yeah thats fine i just cant sell them. Although next season i wont be working so i might get some time to take some for myself when i head down for a holiday.

Congratulations f@tony! Please email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and we will sort out your prizes. Well done Nudge, so close and we thoroughly enjoyed your photos all season. Please email me also and I will send the runners up prize. I’m already looking forward to the photography contest next season…

Congrats guys, really enjoyed looking at everyones photos this season.

The NH ones are going to be awesome & torture at the same time to look at. I wish we were heading North for the winter.

Wowowow unlucky Nudge, you came soooo ridiculously close.
Congrats .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). You were a vote behind yesterday and now, a vote ahead - a fairytale ending.

Congrats Tony! That’s what I would call a “photo finish” smile thanks to everyone who voted & everyone who entered photos, what a great competition huh! Thanks to Jeremy for such a great comp, kudos. I think for winning the inaugural boardworld photo comp Tony’s forum title should reflect that.

Great job all who entered and congrats to Tony and Nudge you guys really showed a lot of wicked talent and cant wait to see what you guys can do with out the snow!  Keep it up and keep shooting you guys are inspiring everyone!

Thanks everyone and especially the Boardworld people that made this competition happen as well as the sponsors. I definitely had heaps of fun making those photos and winning my first competition is definitely positive reinforcement to keep shooting. It’s been good competing with such a high caliber of photos and photographers.

And ditto on what Tambazz said about the Northern Hemisphere comp. smile

This was a good time, congrats to Nudge and Tony

Nudge, don’t forget to email me your postal address. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)