The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What are your current setups?

Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Looks like ya been talkin to ya self maxwell!!!!

The board looks and sounds good mate!!!!! Make sure that ya give us ya feedback after a few goes on it!!!!!  shaka

Max, it looks like you’ve been talkin to yourself because all Mizu’s post disappeared

spaz - 21 April 2011 07:39 AM

Max, it looks like you’ve been talkin to yourself because all Mizu’s post disappeared

Sorry Maxwell, my fault…  red face

LOL

rolleyes

All good!

Rode my new board friday and saturday with great success! Didn’t take too long to get used to it at all.  Only thing I did notice was that after i take the initial drop and then bottom turn i run out of power and just sink into the wave. I think i might need to start working on some turns/moves to keep momentum.  Any suggestions on what i should be trying to start off?

Sounds like a good start with ya board maxwell!!!!  cool grin If it feels good on the first couple of days ridin then that’s great news!!!!

With regards to losin speed, how’s ya stance???? Too far back on the board and ya will lose the ‘plane’ of the board and create too much drag, which in turn will put the anchors on, which in effect is actually a useful thing to learn for tube ridin!!!!! (The ‘Stall’!!!!!)

If the board is planing fine, then ya might be dropping to low on the wave???? Try initiating ya first bottom turn a lot sooner, or even taking off at a slight angle already pointing in the direction that ya are initially going!!!!!

Is the board ‘Loose’ or does it have a ‘Stiff’ feel when ya tryin to turn it???? Stiffer/Bigger fin templates can help generate more speed out of a board, but ya will suffer some loss in “Turn-ability”!!!!!

Not sure about my stance, i will have to check next time i’m out. which will be this weekend i hope cause im getting a bit hooked!!

Feels a little stiff but definitely more maneuverable than my 7"4’ minimal.  The waves probably don’t help the situation as they where 2/3ft windswell mush on a rocky point on the northcoast (bass strait). Surfed smaller waves the next day on east coast that were more of a groundswell and seemed to get a lot more power though.

I think next surf up north ill have to try pumping them a bit, the waves up there just seem a bit weak most of the time compared to the more exposed coasts!

mines 5"8 “black label” sick board!