The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Oakley Blade Boardshorts (Compression)

Oakley Blade is an ultra-premium board short with state-of-the-art technology that leaves ordinary designs in its wake. This Oakley design offers a stretch fit while making the most of compression to deliver benefits that are breakthroughs in performance and comfort.

Oakley Blade is engineered with an inner compression short that improves proprioception, a technical term that describes muscle awareness and focus. Those are critical issues when your sport demands perfect balance, controlled movement and precise positioning, and this board short brings the best of all three. That’s just the start of what Oakley Blade offers.

Our muscle compression design increases muscle power for stronger moves, helping the surfer get the most out of the wave. During the ride, it reduces micro vibrations that can damage muscle fibers. It also improves circulation to reduce the buildup of lactic acid in muscle tissue, so there is less chance of cramping and faster recovery after the session is finished.

The saltwater-durable fabric of the inner short is coated with Teflon to eliminate friction and prevent rashes, and the welded seams are low profile to prevent chafing. Made of O Stretch Ripstop fabric, the exterior short can stretch to over 120% and still spring back for a comfortable fit that won’t restrict a surfer’s moves. We optimized it with a nanotech coating that repels water at the microscopic level to stay lightweight instead of waterlogged. The coating makes the material dry fast when the wave rider decides it’s beach time.

TECHNOLOGY

Outer Boardshort:

1.Nano Technology -molecular level water repellency -water will bead and roll off, rather than sit on the surface or soak through the fabric.

2.O Stretch Ripstop Fabric -4 Way Stretch / Stretch Fly

3.Welded Seams

4.Super Lightweight

Inner Compression Short:

1.Ultimate protection from chafe

2.Increased muscular endurance, power, and recovery

3.Enhanced muscular proprioceptionand balance

4.Teflon coating for hydrophobic water repellency, zero weight

5.Fiber -level salt water resistancy for increased garment lifespan

I dream of a day when I can surf in boardshorts! Must be nicer than having to get in and out of a wetty all the time!

You’ll have to head up north for a wave hunt!!!!! (Next Summer/Autumn that is!!!!!)

Thinking about Indonesia in September, the girlfriend is unsure if she would like to sit on the beach while I surf however so it may take some convincing..

What’s the localism like up in NSW?

No dramas on the Sth Coast!!!!! And if ya come up this time of the year ya can get uncrowded waves easily!!!!! Water is still about 20-22 degrees!!!!!

Haha nice, I think it must of been about 10-12 degrees here on the east coast last weekend.  Didn’t help with the cold SW breeze and a 3/2mm wetty either! Not sure how those guys that surf in Canada etc put up with the extremely cold water!

It wouldn’t be enjoyable!!!!!

I am wearin a 2mm short arm steamer atm, but only due to the wind chill!!!!! The water is great!!!!!

Best time of the year to surf around here really!!!!!

agreed with mizu. I’m still in a springy. Won’t move to a steamer for another few weeks I don’t think.

The artificial wave in that video is sick

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 24 May 2011 01:46 AM

The artificial wave in that video is sick

Agreed! North coast here is so inconsistent it drives me mad! One of these would do nicely haha

Best shorts going. ive worn a pair and there sick….i have hurley phantoms but thay are CRAP…..tear and lose their flexibility…..