The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Anyone know much about Chile?

Guys, me and the missus are thinking about hopping a flight to Chile for about 7 days over the easter break, we would be flying into Santiago and the beach isn’t too far from there.  Just wanted to know if anyone had been and had any ideas as to where is a good spot to stay for scenery, waves and decent accomodation. 

If you have any tips let me know, it’s just in the list of possibilities at the moment, Fiji, Vanautu, NZ and Japan are other places we are thinking of but Chile is just so left field and different it’s really attractive!

Mmmmm Chilie, sounds cold but tastes hot.

That’s all I can help you with G

Been looking at places like Vina Del Mara, Ranaca, Pichilemu and a couple of others, bit hard to find decent info on the net though, a lot of it is in Spanish surprise surprise!

Cheers Mizu that would be great if you could!

I dunno what kind of waves you are after but there are waves everywhere around the towns of Arica and Iquique in chile. Good bodyboarding waves (e.g. heavy!).

Dude, when i did my mentawais trip at the end of last year the local photographer at the Macaronies surf camp Seb, was from Chile. Super cool dude whith amazing skillz behind the lense. He runs a company out of Chile http://www.chilesafari.com/

He showed me some pics of the local spots down there, the place is gnarly!! Im sure if you contaced him he would be more than happy to show you around and maybe even snap a few shots!

Check out the website and see how you go!

Cheers!

No. I dont know much about chilie.