The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Margaret River WA

Hey fellas, ended up spending Easter in Margaret River WA, couldn’t get staff flights to Chile so we opted to go somewhere else we hadn’t been before.  Hired a pretty small little campervan for myself and my chick and basically explored the whole coast as best we could from Cape Naturaliste in the north to Cape Leeuwin in the south and most of the beaches in between.

Had a really good time exploring, the campervan despite the fact it wasn’t strictly to go on unsealed roads did a fairly admirable job down everything but the gnarliest or soft sand tracks, we did almost end up getting just about completely lost in the bush behind Boranup Beach, the dirt roads go forever there.

Got good waves basically everyday bar one when the wind was hammering out of the NE.  The swell came up a lot on the Monday and got good north point.  Thought you guys might appreciate some of the pictures.

Sounds like ya had a great trip nthn!!!!!

Nice pics dude!!!!!  shaka

Looks like you got some decent swell mate! I’d be sitting on the shore watching for most of that though I reckon haha

Hoping for some decent waves from the east this weekend!!

Very cool! Waves look great!  cool smile

my mates went a few years ago and missed out on good box. they woke up and checked the net and saw the wind was blowing east. so they said “of fuck its onshore im going back to bed”

until a couple of hours later they realised east wind is good on the west coast…

Far out the west coast pumps!! Surf looks solid too!! Good effort! Love the pics!

Sick waves, sick photos sick surfing…...DOOZY