The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Surfing with glasses

I was wondering can I still surf with my glasses? Contact lens are definitely a no. Really wanna try surfing in Bali since I live in Indonesia and never tried it once.

Try this skip > http://www.seaspecs.com/

Ya can get them in prescription lenses!!!!

Hmm I don’t know about that. The model similar to most sunglasses (kinda like spherical lense [is that right], like a curvy type model glasses) and my prescription is pretty high. I have -6 with 1 or 2 cylinder for both eyes. And I’ve asked optics if I can get prescription for those kind of glasses and they said cannot because of the high values.

I’d send em an email just to see what they say??? .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Crackers brother used to surf with prescription goggles, I’ll find out what brand they were and let you know…

Thanks!

What about this???? You can enter all of the details in!!!!! You had better take over from here!!!!

http://www.framesdirect.com/Oakley-Prescription-sunglasses-prescsgp/rxsgp-lamfmi-s-l-k-k-tcnasc.html

Let us know if that was of any help????

Hey I think it might work. But I don’t know if I can buy it, it’s really expensive :(

Yeah, the Oakley Water Jacket is a pricey pair of sunnies as is!!!!!! Havin a prescription lens would make them very exy!!!!

Did ya contact the first link to see if they can help???? (seaspecs)

Your eyes are mostly closed when surfing anyway, and sight is highly overrated.

Surf by feel.

wink

Haven’t contacted seaspecs yet Mizu. Really? You surf mostly with your eyes closed?

how do you go at the snow skip?

skip11 - 30 May 2011 12:21 PM

Haven’t contacted seaspecs yet Mizu. Really? You surf mostly with your eyes closed?

spaz does!!!!! It’s so he can’t see the other guys laughin at his tutu!!!!!

skip11 - 29 May 2011 04:01 AM

I was wondering can I still surf with my glasses? Contact lens are definitely a no. Really wanna try surfing in Bali since I live in Indonesia and never tried it once.

Why are Contact lenses a no?  It can be done whoa, that wrote loud cheese , seriously, maybe in your case in a pinch just shut your eyes when you need to?  In the last 7 years living in OZ I’ve been in the ocean and Surf more thatn once, and never going blind ( I am legally blind without, and I don’t really do public glasses)

really pisses off whitewater rafting photographers when every close wave their pics have me with closed eyes red face

I just shut em when paddling out, and well when I actually get up on it, you just have to worry about the dismount wink

@cabletie: I study at UBC vancouver. So I snowboard mostly at whistler and during the summer I go back home to indo smile
@snowdragon: cuz I’m a pussy and scared of getting lenses in my eye haha. Maybe I will do Lasik sometime

skip11 - 07 June 2011 02:11 AM

@cabletie: I study at UBC vancouver. So I snowboard mostly at whistler and during the summer I go back home to indo smile
@snowdragon: cuz I’m a pussy and scared of getting lenses in my eye haha. Maybe I will do Lasik sometime

Fair Enough