The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Surf Photos

Haha thanks Mizu!

Nope I don’t mind at all!  If you click on the picture it should take you to my flickr page where you can get a high res version if you want it.

oops sorry Mizu I have a free account, it only allows others to download higher res with a paid account!

maxwell_cimus - 18 January 2011 10:40 PM

Hey mate, thanks! Black & whites are just done in light room 3 which i pretty much use for all my shots.  Usually just increase the constrast a bit and adjust exposure where needed.

I have had bad experiences with printing in the past so haven’t done it too much haha

Heres a shot from a surf trip down the east coast a 2 weekends ago, the surf was pretty bad so its a sunset instead. It’s HDR & long exposures so turned out a little funky!

The Gardens
The Gardens - East Coast Tas

Very cool, Maxwell!  cool smile

Hey mate, thanks! Black & whites are just done in light room 3 which i pretty much use for all my shots.  Usually just increase the constrast a bit and adjust exposure where needed.

I have had bad experiences with printing in the past so haven’t done it too much haha

Heres a shot from a surf trip down the east coast a 2 weekends ago, the surf was pretty bad so its a sunset instead. It’s HDR & long exposures so turned out a little funky!

The Gardens

AWESOME!!!!
is that water frozen or do i need my eye’s checked??

spaz - 06 January 2011 08:04 PM
CRACKERS - 27 December 2010 09:02 PM

where is that spaz? LA or coledale?

Neither! Next break north of Coledale. wink

ah ok, thats why i know a lot of the surfers in your shots

spaz - 07 January 2011 12:50 PM

his whole family does!! Two older bros. The eldest is a sensation - FREAK (in and out of the water), middle bro is strange and a little messed up (MP style) surfs once a year I’ve seen him jump off the rocks, smoke still in mouth and straight into a barrel switch (I’m not making it up - he has!!!!!!) And their dad who lives life to the full and surfs enough to stay in touch with the ocean.

They are all great people who “keep it real’ a little to real. Unless you fill them with piss then they are obnoxious and the type of guys you disassociate from.

Jackson (being the youngest) has stayed the most level IMO. His surfing gets better and better. Maybe even better than his eldest bro. A tattoo and graffiti artist - most of his stuff is legally all over the northern district. He re-did my car in the rain yesterday (end of the vid)

Jackson is definitely the best surfer of the lot. Ive had the pleasure of working for their dad for the last few years (top bloke) and the not so pleasant job of throwing the older two out of the pub fairly regularly.

amakat - 06 February 2011 06:30 AM

The Gardens

AWESOME!!!!

This is a long exposure, the water looks like that because the waves have moved around over the course of the shutter being open. Plus its HDR so there is really 3 photos in this one shot. 

It’s definitely not cold enough down here for the ocean to freeze!

maxwell_cimus - 10 February 2011 11:22 PM
amakat - 06 February 2011 06:30 AM

The Gardens

AWESOME!!!!

This is a long exposure, the water looks like that because the waves have moved around over the course of the shutter being open. Plus its HDR so there is really 3 photos in this one shot. 

It’s definitely not cold enough down here for the ocean to freeze!

haha that is so AMAZING!! awesome shot LOL

CRACKERS - 06 February 2011 03:04 PM

Jackson is definitely the best surfer of the lot. Ive had the pleasure of working for their dad for the last few years (top bloke) and the not so pleasant job of throwing the older two out of the pub fairly regularly.

Haha
Surprised they were allowed in there.

This weekend I headed down south in hope of surfing the Hobart points for the first time.  When we first arrived it was about 3ft but diminished throughout the morning. I took these later in the day after the swell had died off a fair bit and we were leaving but you get the idea!  Was too keen to get in rather than take photos when we first got there! Really cool spot that kind of looks like it shouldn’t have waves and breaks mechanically round the point. On there more exposed beaches it was about 6ftish apparently.

IMG_9326

IMG_9328

IMG_9330

IMG_9334

IMG_9335

IMG_9355

IMG_9358

Looks like a few in the water too max!!!!!

How’d ya board /stance go this time????

It might have been different due to a change in swell/tide, but the surf looked a little fat in the pics!!!!!

Yep attracts a bit of a crowd as its really close to Hobart! Funny thing is when it was better earlier there was less people haha

Im a goofer so was riding this on my back hand and the other point i usually surfed breaks to the left so was a little different.  I think I was trying to do too many turns and carves when it wasn’t powerful enough and losing too much speed the majority of the time.  I think i’ll have to try and stay off the tail so much when its smaller!

Yeah, try to draw small angle turns out in the middle of the face where the power of the wave will help ya gather speed!!!!

Once ya have generated a lot of speed, then try puttin in a sharp hack on the lip, or big drawn out cutback on the open shoulder!!!!

Keep the board planing along the surface when gatherin speed!!!! Speed is your friend!!!!

If that makes any sense???

Yep makes sense, I probably get a bit excited and try and do as much as possible on the wave when I get it. I’ll try generating more speed before I worry about anything else!

Looks like more swell this weekend coming!

Hating being in a 3/2mm now, was so cold down south that my feet went numb even though I had booties on, makes things difficult!!