The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Indonesia

Hey all looking for some advice on going to Indo for a surf trip/holiday..

I’m fairly beginner surfer and the biggest waves I have surfed are about head height at a beachie so not looking for anything to crazy..

Should I be thinking about taking my own board or getting a hire board there? I currently surf a 6"6’ semi fish style board most of the time but looking at getting something shorter in the near future for better waves when they turn up.

Will be with my girlfriend who does not surf so breaks close to civilisation would be ideal..

Probably going for about 1-2 weeks in September. From what I can gather this is a good time of year for swell?

Any advice would be appreciated, looking at stuff on the net is getting a bit confusing!!

Cheers!!

Hey dude!!!!!

This is considered the Bible when goin to Indo!!!!!! > INDO SURF AND LINGO <

Ya can get it online and at ya local surf shop!!!!! (If they’re onto it, that is!!!!!)

*This is an Aussie Company and Site, but please remove it if is against the Boardworld Rules and Regulations

All good here, Mizu. The only links we don’t allow are eBay (snow, skate, surf items), overseas online stores (snow, skate, surf items), and parallel importers. Basically anyone screwing over the Australian boardsports industry. smile

The book sounds awesome, thanks mate! I’ll have to track down a hard copy though I think, an electronic version won’t cut it!!

maxwell_cimus - 26 May 2011 02:08 AM

The book sounds awesome, thanks mate! I’ll have to track down a hard copy though I think, an electronic version won’t cut it!!

It used to come with some vouchers for drinks and food, so definitely worth gettin the hard copy mate!!!!!

australia has better waves than indo.

You think so? Bit warmer over there though! Where abouts are these waves your talking about?