The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Jet-Powered Surfboards

What do you think?

Jet-Powered Surfboards
After 10 years of development jet-powered surfboards are set to his our shores. The inventors say this surfing device is capable of ‘paddling’ three times faster than your own arms. It is safe, quiet and light and can even be used in shallow waters. It’s all about having more time to ride waves.

Who are they for?
It’s expected the jet-powered surfboards will be most attractive to aging surfers with weakening arm strength and perhaps lifeguards who would benefit from swifter access to victims during rescue operations.

Cost
They’ll sell for $4,500 apiece, or about five times the cost of an ordinary board, and enable surfers to paddle at two to three times their normal speed.

Environmentally sound
Surfers can easily opt for turning the motor on or off by using a remote strapped to their arm in a wristwatch-like device. Wavejet can be recharged through a standard wall socket. There’s no gasoline or diesel involved.

The next big thing?
Time will tell whether this new technology is embraced; whether jet-powered boards will revolutionize surfing or become merely a costly novelty.

Full article HERE.

im going to go with novelty…

a future version of this could perhaps be useful for surfing waves so big that jetskis are required.

What a terrible thing to invent! Having people cruising around on these would be horrid. Can’t really see how they would work with short boards if there is alot that goes into them though!!

I do agree with you for the most part, but just to put another perspective out there…

What about older surfers? Maybe someone with arthritis in their shoulder(s)? Disabled surfers? Anyone who has lost a limb?

For those genuinely in need of aide to get them on a wave, it could make all the different to get them surfing and enjoying the ocean. In this case I feel it could be a worthwhile invention. I know if I was previously unable to surf due to disability and someone gave me the chance to surf again, I’d gladly take the opportunity.

I think that it was inevitable!!!!!

Ya could probably compare it to the first crude lift/tows for the snow???? The crew that hiked were probably frownin upon the ones that hitched their way up the mountain????

rider26 - 18 May 2011 07:42 PM

I do agree with you for the most part, but just to put another perspective out there…

What about older surfers? Maybe someone with arthritis in their shoulder(s)? Disabled surfers? Anyone who has lost a limb?

For those genuinely in need of aide to get them on a wave, it could make all the different to get them surfing and enjoying the ocean. In this case I feel it could be a worthwhile invention. I know if I was previously unable to surf due to disability and someone gave me the chance to surf again, I’d gladly take the opportunity.

I didn’t think about that at first but perhaps your right. I was more worried about people with jet powered surfboards snaking the poor paddlers all the time!

yeah true like if your injured and all but that is still a fair bit of money. i reckon it could be useful for like injured and stuff but the price will set it back aye. guess we all just have to wait for someone in china to come up with the idea for like half the price

cool idea but semi ruins the purpose of surfing…shud be natural..

Hi everyone.

I’m happy to share my story about my experience on the dark web. I know not many of you have heard of the DARK WEB. The dark web is an underground part of the Internet different from what you know.

I’ve heard several stories about the deep Web, my interest in computer hacking sent me browsing all over the tor network and underground websites.

I met a Russian Hacker who has a software that can hack bank accounts and transfer money to any personal or business account worldwide.

This is not a hoax, even the North Korean government is Hacking weak banks and transferring billions dollars to fund their nuclear weapons. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti…cks-banks-cryptocurrencies-for-funds-un-finds

So for the first time, I paid $4500 to this Hacker and got $4000 to my ANZ bank account.

The transfers are clean hacked bank deposits. I made $300,000 in by first 2 weeks using this service.

Here is the dark web services that sells bank transfers used bank admin server software. Money transfer is available to paypal, bank accounts. Some business people use this services to pay their associates in millions. I saw someone who ordered $4M USD to China. He probably bought goods from chinese companies worth $4 million, he contacted this hackers and purchased a $4 M transfer for just 10% the amount. The supplier in china got the funds in 48 hours.

https://phantomhacker.su/