The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New websites dropping.

Burton launched the new website for 2010.
the debate videos for camber vs. rocker are quite funny.

http://www.burton.com

I love the new camber vs rocker campaign. I think it’s very well thought out and funny.

Ahaha must’ve taken a lot of work to get that rocker vs. camber debate videos to be done.
Love the headband and the suit on the camber dude… very acdc

Finally got through them all. Great work by the team that wrote it.

golfpunklegend - 17 August 2009 10:20 AM

Ahaha must’ve taken a lot of work to get that rocker vs. camber debate videos to be done.

that is Jeremy Jones with the head band.
funny that he’s on the camber side. he is such an urban jibber that I figured he would definitely be on the rocker side. his board is listed as having camber too. I wonder if that is something Burton puts him up to for marketing, but really he rider a rocker.
The rocker shapes are so freestyle driven, I just find it odd that a rider like JJ would be so freestyle focused and not be riding a rocker shape.

I just finished watching the burton movie “its always snowing somewhere” and im fairly sure hes in it.

Jeremy Jones is in all the Burton movies. He was actually at Falls Creek last season filming. I’m fairly sure there is some footage in the new Burton film from Falls Creek last season.

snowslider - 17 August 2009 01:53 PM
golfpunklegend - 17 August 2009 10:20 AM

that is Jeremy Jones with the head band.
funny that he’s on the camber side. he is such an urban jibber that I figured he would definitely be on the rocker side. his board is listed as having camber too. I wonder if that is something Burton puts him up to for marketing, but really he rider a rocker.
The rocker shapes are so freestyle driven, I just find it odd that a rider like JJ would be so freestyle focused and not be riding a rocker shape.

Maybe could just be the fact that he has ridden camber for so long, that it would be odd now to change simply because it is being hyped around as the new ‘big thing’ that is so much better…

he might find that the technique he has developed requires that bit harder flex and almost less ‘pressability’ than the new rocker shapes seem to be giving…again it’s all down to personal preference, and sifting through a lot of the ‘marketing’ hype of the new shapes - where is the biggest market in snowboarding at the moment (magazines, contests, etc) - freestyle snowboarding - so would it not make the most sense then to market any supposed ‘breakthrough’ in technology with snowboarding to this sector of the market?

just my two cents…could be way off but yeah…:)

Or he could’ve just been paid a lot to act the sketch raspberry

rider26 - 18 August 2009 03:24 AM

Jeremy Jones is in all the Burton movies. He was actually at Falls Creek last season filming. I’m fairly sure there is some footage in the new Burton film from Falls Creek last season.

I’m surprised that they bother to film in Australia when there’s so many other mountains out there. Was the only reason they were at falls for filming?

He didn’t come to Australia just to film, and don’t forget it was summer where he is from. If they can continue filming and riding during their off-season, why not?

Falls creek isnt that bad… it has some pretty sweet features.
they cant do much else when they’re slopes are all grass