The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Surf Photos

Thought I would start a thread for some surf shots seeing as its now summer!

Heres a few recent shots of some dodgy wind swell in northern tassie!

Beach

Surfers

Surf

Surf

Surf

As soon as I can post photos in this section I’ll add mine.

Ok,

A couple will work from photobucket. The others are loading to imageshack now.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Couplea frames from boxing day arvo out the local…didn’t make it though!

Very nice! Love the second black and white shot, Maxwell.

where is that spaz? LA or coledale?

Thanks all!

Nice pics Spaz & Cords!

Looks like a bit of NE wind swell this weekend on the east coast, hopefully ill get some more shots!

CRACKERS - 27 December 2010 09:02 PM

where is that spaz? LA or coledale?

Neither! Next break north of Coledale. wink

Yesterday (6th Jan 2011)
I was shooting terribly, couldn’t get focus right, and out of 72 shots these are the best.

Jackson pulled some sick airs that were all soft. I managed to sharpen this one up enough.

Shawn a few waves before his back tweaked and he had to ditch his board into the rocks, float in and, literally, crawl out of the surf. I’m not surprised with the way he does upside-down reo’s!

Massive cutback by Jacko
1/2

2/2

Barrel sequence
1/4

2/4

3/4

4/4

Floater Sequence
1/3

2/3

3/3

School holidays

cool smile

I should have included this sharpened air as part of the barrel sequence as he did it on the same wave.
There is a photo of Jackson in the latest Tracks mag

Nice photo’s spaz, I think I will definitely need to look at getter something with a longer focal length, 200mm just does not cut it at all on beachies! Shots 7&8 the cutback are cool.

Work this arvo is killing me knowing that ill be driving down the east coast to go for a surf tomorrow morning! Ill take some photos and post them up if im not too busy paddling about!

his whole family does!! Two older bros. The eldest is a sensation - FREAK (in and out of the water), middle bro is strange and a little messed up (MP style) surfs once a year I’ve seen him jump off the rocks, smoke still in mouth and straight into a barrel switch (I’m not making it up - he has!!!!!!) And their dad who lives life to the full and surfs enough to stay in touch with the ocean.

They are all great people who “keep it real’ a little to real. Unless you fill them with piss then they are obnoxious and the type of guys you disassociate from.

Jackson (being the youngest) has stayed the most level IMO. His surfing gets better and better. Maybe even better than his eldest bro. A tattoo and graffiti artist - most of his stuff is legally all over the northern district. He re-did my car in the rain yesterday (end of the vid)

maxwell_cimus - 24 December 2010 04:30 AM

Thought I would start a thread for some surf shots seeing as its now summer!

Heres a few recent shots of some dodgy wind swell in northern tassie!

Beach

Surfers

Maxwell what program are you using for you black and whites, also what plugins if any.  The second one would look amazing printed on metallic papers.  Great work

Hey mate, thanks! Black & whites are just done in light room 3 which i pretty much use for all my shots.  Usually just increase the constrast a bit and adjust exposure where needed.

I have had bad experiences with printing in the past so haven’t done it too much haha

Heres a shot from a surf trip down the east coast a 2 weekends ago, the surf was pretty bad so its a sunset instead. It’s HDR & long exposures so turned out a little funky!

The Gardens
The Gardens - East Coast Tas