The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snow - Epic Moments

Hey girls,

I want to hear your most epic moment on the snow. If you have any photos of videos please post them up so we can all see.

I’ll start first… My most epic moment was on Whistler Mountain about 2 seasons ago when we had amazing snow pretty much all season. Me and some of my other friends that are all instructors had the day off and it had just snowed about 30cms. When we all got to the top after eating our first tracks breakfast in about 5 min, we headed over to a set of trees called International Trees. We had the most amazing run, there were pillows and pillows of powder to ride over and if you fell you would have the softest landing. Every line was different and un-tracked, it was unbelievable. I wish I had photos from that run but I was having way too much fun to stop and snap away. I think that was the best day on the mountain I have had in about 19 years.

Lets hear your moments!

Fresh tracks on a pow day! Not much beats that

I had a similar experience on blackcomb mountain. We found this tree run that was tight but perfect then it opened out into a little field.
we did the same run about 4 times each time ours were the only tracks there. Best Part was that it snowed everyday for 4 days, and everyday it was fresh again and we could keep finding new and different variations with different hits.

http://ride100.blogspot.com/2008/03/day-86-best-ever-out-of-187-days.html

Above is a link to my best day ever.  (sorry it’s too long to rewrite)

I’m sure you have learnt your lesson Ladythump. Always take out your pow board when they say its going to snow.

That was such an awesome read. Thanks for sharing.

L.B.

I know I know L.B.
I keep it in my locker now all the time!!!

Awesome report Ladythump, we have not had a powder day in so long. Reading about yours is our fix. Tambo & Azz

You’re welcome Tambo & Azz!
We have plenty more powder days in Whistler to come….

Hey Ladythump, good to see you on the forums. I am so jealous of the snow you guys are getting. I’m missing being there so much but I just have to keep thinking about the warm sun and packed beaches of Sydney.

How is the teaching going? Who is supervising this year?

I can see why you didn’t want to re-write that all. I actually remember that day. I think I did fresh tracks as well or maybe that was the day I was teaching kinder and my kid lost a ski and never found it. Sooo good!!!

Just Giver, who you be??
Haven’t had snow now in a few weeks but the blue bird days have been amazing!  +3 at the Peak this week!!  I’d rather be on the warm and sunny beaches myself.
Teaching is great.  Lots of rookies this season.  We’ll see how they fair.  Omar is the big guy this season.  He’s pretty chill.

L.B.,
I posted up a pic for the contest!

It’s Michelle Holmes!! Omar is supervisor again, that’s awesome..

I saw your pic in the contest thread, great photo. We need more pics from Whistler!!

Keep me posted on all the crazy things that happen at work please, I love hearing about what’s going on..

My epic moment doesn’t really involve snowboarding all that much, but does a little!

Went to Thredbo for a day trip last year (took the bus, really cheap day that way) and I was taking my partner snowboarding for the first time ever. He picked it up really easily which was fantastic so we decided to grab some lunch up at Eagles Nest. It was the first time we had been there and the food was fantastic and we went for a walk in the snow. At around 1800m above sea level he asked me to marry him! So exciting!

This was our view when he proposed:

Thats a pretty good epic moment.. Congrats!!

L.B. - 24 January 2010 01:23 PM

Thats a pretty good epic moment.. Congrats!!

Yup agreed. This is a pretty good epic moment!!!!