The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Undies under thermals

Poll: Do you wear underwear under your thermal bottoms
Total Votes: 10
Yes, of course none would be gross.
No, that would be weird

So I’m thought most people wear undies under their thermals but it turns out out of the people I talk to I’m the only one.

What do you do

To me it’s the equivalent of wearin ya undies under ya wetsuit!!!!!

It’s a No from me!!!!!

I am usually an undies under my thermals guy. @LifewithloooseAndy, I know you’re probably aware of these, but I’m a big fan of the MyPakage thermals which are both thermals and undies. I especially like these in warmer temps, Spring they are my every day go-to. I really like the MyPakage Pro Boot Cut. Great product.

Mizu Kuma - 12 January 2017 10:22 AM

Ummmm, not really! Haha ?

A little late to the convo but everyone I know wears underwear under their thermals. For those that don’t and go on week long or 2 week trips do you change your thermals everyday or not?

snoway - 15 March 2017 05:06 AM

A little late to the convo but everyone I know wears underwear under their thermals. For those that don’t and go on week long or 2 week trips do you change your thermals everyday or not?

If I’m in Japan, then no!!!!!

Most underwear has cotton in it, and cotton doesn’t wick away moisture!!!!! Bacteria loves moisture!!!!!

rider26 - 12 January 2017 11:02 AM

So you’re one of those guys!!!!! ?

Mizu Kuma - 15 March 2017 06:35 AM

Haha, no I’m not! That’s my point. I don’t wear anything under my wetsuit, but I wear undies when riding (most the time haha). They are different situations; for one, you don’t need to wash your wetsuit other than a rinse. I don’t want to have to wash my base layer bottoms every day, and if I’m going commando, trust me they are going in the wash, @Mizu Kuma! ?

rider26 - 15 March 2017 07:29 AM
Mizu Kuma - 15 March 2017 06:35 AM

Haha, no I’m not! That’s my point. I don’t wear anything under my wetsuit, but I wear undies when riding (most the time haha). They are different situations; for one, you don’t need to wash your wetsuit other than a rinse. I don’t want to have to wash my base layer bottoms every day, and if I’m going commando, trust me they are going in the wash, @Mizu Kuma! ?

Sure, sure!!!!! @jeremy_beiber

Oh, @Mizu Kuma... ?

Of course, I wear. It will be gross and not hygienic if I wouldn’t. First of all, it is not healthy to not wear underwear under it. Secondly, it will make you feel uncomfortable. However, it’s essential to choose comfortable underwear. When I need to wear thermal bottoms, I usually prefer stretchy, comfortable high waist panties from https://matchinggear.com/underwear-for-couples/. They are not sensual, but very comfortable under the thermals. I would advise you to wear such underwear!