The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your three must-have travel items. What are they?

Mizu Kuma - 23 June 2015 07:59 AM

So how does Michelle feel about not even makin the list?????

LOL

Hmmm… I’d bring….
1. Ventolin (I’d die without it)
2. Phenergan to knock myself out for the plane
3. Panadol/Berocca…

It’s all drugs, drugs, drugs!

Billy - 23 June 2015 09:05 PM

Hmmm… I’d bring….

And I thought that I was the only Nerd on Boardworld!!!!! LOL

I Always take a few, and put them in seperate bags in case some luggage goes missin!!!!!

Found this article on associated costs for the uninsured, and while the figures are in foreign currencies, it’s easy to work out the exchange rates!!!!!

http://www.wanderlust.co.uk/magazine/articles/advice/potential-costs-without-travel-insurance?page=all

Thanks Jeremy for not including your wife michelle 

I travel will these top 3 things almost everywhere I go.

1. Hydra lite or some other form of electrolyte recovering powder. Great for after a long flight or long day in the sun.

2. Self filtering bottle, saved us so much while we are in Europe. Pour water from any tap or water fountain in the bottle and as you drink the water gets filtered.

3. Migraine medication, I never leave the house without it. You never know when one will present itself and you have less than an hour to take the medication or you suffer greatly.

Just Giver - 23 June 2015 10:02 PM

water fountain

You must be talking about a BUBBLER? Surely you don’t drink from fountains? That water is dirty! LOL

I’m guessin you guys have bunk beds at the dorm?????

rider26 - 23 June 2015 10:20 PM

water fountain

You must be talking about a BUBBLER? Surely you don’t drink from fountains? That water is dirty! LOL

As long as its moist, its all good Jez smile

When travelling overseas, I always have.

1. Multitool of some description.

2. Tablet for reading / gaming on flights.

3. these guys

If you give one of those to an acquaintance, you have just made a life long friend.

That’s cool!!!!!

I took over a bag of Aussie 50c Coins last time I went to Japan!!!!!

Asked the Rents first before I handed them over to kids!!!!!

Hopefully make up for the dickhead minority that do travel!!!!!

Haha sooo 2 of my always must haves are on the don’t mention list lol!! (camera/music)

Soo here are my others,

1) snacks/nourishment (even just a few muesli bars and a bottle of water - also hydralite is the bom! Just got another double pack of the apple and blackcurrant one for snow trips)

2) medical pack, (even just a small travel pack with bandaids/a bandage, pain killers and some disinfectant creams etc

3) (i haven’t been overseas.. Yet!) but when i travel in aus… Information about when we are going!!  Even when we went camping at Jervis bay i researched the crap outta it!! Found an awesome camping spot. And bushwalking trails.. And sights to go visit..  Ahh i love the internet!  Never would have known about any of it if i didn’t research it!

h0z - 24 June 2015 07:54 AM

2) medical pack, (even just a small travel pack with bandaids/a bandage, pain killers and some disinfectant creams etc

Yeah i never take this… EVER

Not!

LOL

Billy - 23 June 2015 09:05 PM

Hmmm… I’d bring….
2. Phenergan to knock myself out for the plane
3. Panadol/Berocca…

Yeah they are pretty standard for me too!

2. Self filtering bottle, saved us so much while we are in Europe. Pour water from any tap or water fountain in the bottle and as you drink the water gets filtered.

Have you seen the bubblers in Rome? (im sure they are otehr places as well)

They have two holes, and are usually something like a dolphin, or dragon. So when you cover the mouth (used for filling bottles) The water then sprays out the top hole, for drinking out of.
Theyre also all connected to under ground pipes, so the water is always really nice and cold.

h0z - 24 June 2015 07:54 AM

Actually yeah I have a small first-aid kit that lives in my travel bag as well.

1. Load up Spotify for OFFLINE ACCESS - nothing worse than being on the plane (with flight mode enabled of course) and seeing all my tunes greyed out.  Been caught out twice this year prior to a 10+hr flight - sucks.

2. Hip flask.  Very under-rated item.  You load this baby up from the sprits section in the lounge prior to boarding - you’re already airside so no security issues.  This saves your butt when the moody cabin crew get the shits with you for asking for another scotch/vodka/bourbon.  Just walk down the back, grab a coke/soda and mix your own.  Great success!

There are many things which people should take a long while traveling along the world. I have checked some of the best traveling locations through the https://chernobyl-story-tours.com site options which offering the different discount options to traveling to the Chernobyl.